six

📼 ripple effect
scott helman
_______

rose walked down the street like she usually did every wednesday.

every wednesday, she visited jeongguk at his flower shop before meeting taehyung for coffee at the café down the street.

and every wednesday, it was the same. paris was lovely, and having lived there for her whole life, rose knew all the ins and outs of the beautiful city. she had taught taehyung a lot too—who then taught what he knew to jeongguk.

rose passed by the bakery on the corner of blanche and waved to the old man that ran it, and then continued on to the flower shop with a pink neon sign that read 'elise' vibrantly. she had loved the little shop even before it was jeongguk's. she had known the old owner quite well. hell, she knew everyone well.

"good morning," she chimed, announcing her presence amongst the flowers. she got no reply, which was odd. usually jeongguk would give her a 'hello' or even just a wave before she picked out some flowers for taehyung. but today there was nothing.

rose walked up to the back counter and saw arielle, the only other person who worked at the small shop, sitting behind the counter reading a magazine.

"ahem," rose cleared her throat. the young girl looked up and gave a small smile, setting the magazine down. "is jeongguk not in today?"

arielle shook her head. "he had errands to run he said. also said he'd probably be out for the whole day." rose nodded suspiciously, spotting a single daisy amongst a vase of gardenias.

"can i get the daisy?" she asked and arielle nodded, punching in the numbers to the cash register and handed rose the flower. rose handed her some coins and thanked her before walking out of the shop into the warm paris street.

it was spring again in paris, but something didn't seem right.

something was rotten in the city of paris.

+++
y'all see the hamlet reference 😏