Battle In Panem

A Hunger Games AU requested by _MoonlightBlink_ 💞.

Nancy's POV

Panem is a nation that was established during an unknown time period in a post-apocalyptic world. It is situated primarily in North Korea, and the Capitol is located in an area formerly known as the Rocky Mountains.

(I changed it into North Korea instead of North America, and North Korea might be just the real Panem😆😅)

In Panem, the rule is cruel and brutal. After The Dark Days, a cruel game was invented. This game is titled The Hunger Games.

Panem is separated into 12 districts and the Capitol. I'm a Seam, what residents from the coal mining region of District 12 are rather called.

"MOVE!" A poor guy was tortured, punched and kicked by the fucking peacekeepers.

I held on to my older sister's hand and discreetly glaring at the white armored soldiers with big black guns also known, as I said, the peacekeepers It was the day of the reaping and again, we're all strictly gathered and be chosen.

I'm Nancy Jewel McDonie, 17 years old from District 12, and I'm fucking scared for my sister to be chosen. Chosen ones are gonna be called "Tributes" and I never want my sister to be one.

In each of the 12 districts of the whole Panem, a boy and a girl on the age of 16 to 18 are chosen to fight for survival on a big arena, representing their district and district seal. Our seal represents mining, we're the last and the district where poverty is everywhere.

There she is on the stage of the building, Bae Joo-Hyun, the escort from the Capitol and has such visuals.

(I admire Bae Joo-Hyun, I'm not bashing her here ok?)

She walked to the middle infront the microphone with a mischievous but nervous smile.

"Now, the time has come for us to select one courageous young man and woman for the honor of representing District 12 in the 74th annual Hunger Games. As usual, ladies first" Then came out a grin.

I looked at her every move closely as she walked to the transparent bowl not far from her left, reflexing her fingers and choosing what paper with a name of a Seam to pick.

She dipped her hand deeper and jotled her hand up and showed us that she already got a piece of fucking paper.

Bae Joo-Hyun walked back to the middle and opened it immediately, she grinned and looked at all of us.

I gripped my older sister's hand and my breathing began to feel different, I felt the both if us shivering in fright.

"It's gonna be ok Nancy" She muttered, giving me her loving smile.

My head hurted and my heart felt a pang when I heard the name that came out of her red lips.

"Brenda McDonie" My hands dropped and I felt weak and pale. I slightly looked down and couldn't even look up at my sister as my tears started to stream down my cheeks. I could feel everyone looking at our direction and it didn't help on making me feel at ease even just a tiny bit.

"Where are you? Come on now" She gently spoke through the microphone. I watched my sister's feet as she took baby steps forward, adding pain in my heart. I bit my bottom lip and clenched my fists, not caring if ever they'd turn pale.

Her steps turned into a normal walk as she starts to fade away from my sight. I inhaled lots of confidence and came out to the center.

"BRENDA UNNIE!" Everybody's eyes were on me, but mine was at my sister's.