• Prologue •

Ah, ~ High School

Ah, ~ High School.

The "beautiful" time of the year had come, where teens run around fucking each other, listening to reggaeton, and wear their typical clothes. Either baggy ones or revealing ones.

Sometimes word got around that one girl was caught doing the deed with a guy in the storage room, or the bathroom, or both. Depending on the day.

But then there's you, the beautiful nerdy girl that loved one thing. No, not studying or high school. Your seat partner. Exactly, Jeon Jungkook.

The playboy who is actually not a playboy, but, loves teasing the girls that want what he has, or more like, him.

But you, you were different. You were the one people called "stupid", although you were always on the good grades of class. Or even ugly, when you were clearly naturally perfect. Even he called you that, sometimes.

Either way, it didn't stop you from doing what you were going to do. Confess. You knew what could happen.

80% was the chance he would reject you. 20% was the chance of him accepting you. Actually, let's change that to 5% of him accepting you.

You were a nice girl, with natural, beautiful hair, eyes to kill, gorgeous lips, and a body shape that some girl were jealous of.

But, not one boy liked you, neither did they confess to you. You always got rejected. You clutched the letter in your hands, entering the high school garden with a mask covering your nose and mouth.

When your eyes fell upon Jungkook, the handsome boy, your heart sped up and felt as if it was going to jump out of your chest soon.

Jungkook and you were friends a few years ago, more like, best friends. But after you became seniors and started studying for your last year of high school, he changed.

Puberty hit him like a truck, puberty still didn't hit you yet, but you were on the way to that.

Jungkook was always there for you, but for some reason, he became arrogant, rude, and he started disliking you.

As you made your way to him, you saw he was hanging out with his friends, Taehyung and Jimin. Jimin was a friend of yours and your cousin.

He tried many times to change Jungkook back to normal, but, it didn't really work out since he kept saying you weren't in his "league".

With a sigh, you finally reached them, Jimin's eyes falling upon you with a smile. "Hi, Y/n." He said. You waved in response, shyness taking over you.

"J-Jungkook. T-This is for you." You stuttered, shakily handing the letter to him, your red blushing cheeks hiding underneath the mask.

He let out a quiet 'tsk', snatching the letter from your hands and looking at the cover where you had beautifully written his name in slight calligraphy.

He sighed and rolled his eyes, opening the letter and starting to read the beautiful words you took hours and hours to write in the perfect way possible.

People were staring at you, including the girls dying for Jungkook to be their boyfriend. He sighed after finishing, putting the letter back into the envelope and closing it.

He then ripped it in half, everyone around you gasping and holding in their laughs as your eyes widened. He let out a short, low chuckle.

"Did you really think I'll say yes? Like, have you looked yourself in the mirror?"

"Jungkook, stop that," Jimin said, glancing away from him to you where you had your head lowered down on the ground, hiding your teary eyes that spilled tears instantly after his words.

"I mean, I've never dated any of the girls in the high school that are way more attractive than you. And you thought I'll date you? And give you a chance?"

Everyone started laughing loudly as you sobbed, your hands gripping your skirt as your eyes fell upon the ripped letter in his hands.

"Keep dreaming, baby."

"Jungkook!" Jimin yelled, making everyone stop and eyes fall upon him, including yours. "You're such an asshole." You said in a quiet voice, once you glanced at Jungkook, your eyes already red.

"What did you say?" He asked in disbelief.

"You're an asshole! I don't even know what I saw in you! You're not the Jungkook I know." You yelled, saying the last sentence quietly.

"Keep the letter, that way you can remember what type of rude and egoistic person you are." You said through a sob, running off towards the inside of the school.

"Y/n! Wait!" Jimin shouted while running off after you. Jungkook's eyes fell upon the ripped letter in his hands, a slight tightening feeling in his chest as he stared at it.

He broke your heart, feeling something strange because of it.

♤♡◇♧

Hello~
A new book that I will be updating along with Officer, Please!
I was really excited to do this one, and I feel inspired to do it along with Officer Please.
I hope you enjoyed the Prologue ^.^