Chapter 10

I'm back guys sorry for not updating I have a serious test to study for so yeah but thanks for the reads and comments.

Your pov
It's already 7:30pm and I'm almost ready. Luckily Charlotte and I was able to shop for a dress. I'm finally done with my makeup and hair and this is what I look like

I grab my purse and head downstairs and everyone starts staring at me like they just saw a ghost

"Um, guys are you okay? Is something on my dress?" I said looking at my dress.

"No, you look amazing."  Emily says with a huge smile on her face.

"Yes hunny you are going to be the center of attention at the gala." Mom says smiling.

''Aww guys but you know I'm going there for work right?" I say grabbing my phone on the counter.

"Yes but still you look like a full package. You look like a doll." Emily says.

"A pretty one." Dad says with a grin.

"Okay, okay enough with the compliments guys I've gotta go Miss Evelyn's here."

"Okay bye!" Everyone says in unison."

"Bye guys!" I say walking outside.

I go into Miss Evelyn's car and she gives me that same look.

"Y/n you look amazing." She says smiling.

"Thanks."

"Oh you're welcome.

She starts the car and drives off.

Some minutes later...
We finally arrive at the venue. I looked around and it was a pretty fancy place with the lights and everything. I look around again feeling a little nervous.

"Hey Y/n are you okay?" Miss Evelyn asks with a concerned look.

"Yeah...yeah just nervous. I mean, look at all the fancy people."

"Don't worry it'll be fine come on let's mingle and I'll introduce you to some people I know."

''Okay."

We go in and Miss Evelyn introduces me to some other Journalists and trainees like me. Luckily, it makes me feel less nervous but still I don't really feel comfortable in formal events like this cause for starters I hardly know anyone here and the only person I know which is Miss Evelyn is busy with interviews. I just try my best to keep up. Hope this night goes well.

Henry's pov
Ray and I finally get to the venue. It's a really fancy place. Hope I get to see Y/n here? I keep looking around for her until Ray calls my attention.

"Hey Kid."

"What Ray?" I say still looking around.

"Who are you looking for?"

"Nobody."

"C'mon tell me. Who are you looking for?"

"Fine Y/n "

"Oooh,  Henry's looking for his crush."

"Shut up Ray."

"Henry, Henry, Henry."  He says tapping me.

"What?" I ask annoyed.

"Look, she's over there." He says pointing to her direction.

I look towards the place Ray is pointing at and see Y/n. She looks so beautiful with her dress. I just can't help but stare at her. I get interrupted by the host introducing us and now the spotlights on us and everyone starts cheering.

Your pov
Everyone suddenly starts cheering. I wonder what's going on. I turn around only for me to see Captain Man and Kid Danger. I didn't know they'd be here but of course they would they're the town's heroes.

After some minutes...

So far, I have absolutely no one to talk to and Miss Evelyn is still busy with her interviews. I'm just sitting in the corner feeling bored. I just want to go home now.  I get up and go out the back, I find a bench and sit on it cause I can't go home now cause Miss Evelyn is my ride. So, I decide to just look at the stars. They're so beautiful today.

Henry's pov

After Captain Man and I are done being interviewed I try looking around for Y/n but I don't see her anymore.  I ask around but I wasn't able to get her location so I decide to go check outside and find her sitting on a bench looking at the stars. She turns around and gets frightened a little bit.

"I'm sorry did I scare you?"

"Just a bit but don't worry." She says smiling.

"Can I sit?"

"Yes you can."

I sit on the bench and she still continues staring up at the stars.

"Beautiful." I say with a grin.

"Yeah they are." She says still looking up.

"I actually meant you."

She immediately stares back at me and there was a sudden silence in the air until I broke it.

"So, why'd you come out here?"

"Cause I got bored and plus I don't really do very well with formal events. It makes me feel uncomfortable and I have no one to talk to here."

"Well...you have me now."

We look into each other's eyes again and I just can't resist those eyes. I don't know what's coming over me. I lean in to kiss her until Ray interrupts us.

"Kid you here?"

"Yeah."

"I've been looking all over the place for you."

"Sorry must've wondered off."

"Okay let's go now it's getting late."

"I'll be there in a sec." I say looking at Y/n.

"I'll see you soon." I say to her."

"Okay." She replies.

Your pov

I can't believe that almost happened. Kid Danger and I almost kissed. I get interrupted by Miss Evelyn calling me cause it's time to go home.
We both head to the car, we go in and put our seatbelts on.

"So, how was tonight for you? She asks starting the car.

"Um... interesting." I say blushing wait where did that come from?

"Oooh, it must have been a magical night. Am I right?" She asks smirking.

"Well, you could put it that way."

Some minutes later, she gets to my house and I get out. We wave at each other and she drives off. I open the door with my keys and cause everyone's asleep, I decide to go up to my room. I shower and get changed into my pajamas and lay on my bed still thinking about what happened earlier today. This night was truly a magical night. Before I know it I'm asleep.

Wow, I think this was my longest chapter yet. I really enjoyed writing this part. Please and please guys vote and tell me what you think of this chapter. You can even ask questions. I'll answer all of them.

Bye!!!

Love you all💖💖💗