• three

I'm sorry mum and dad,
I know I must up bad, I should've done,
should've done better.

Ophelia walked the halls of Hogwarts alone, it was only Saturday which meant classes haven't started for the year yet

Ophelia walked the halls of Hogwarts alone, it was only Saturday which meant classes haven't started for the year yet. Ophelia wasn't really behind on her magic, she was a talented which, she picked up the spells Narcissa showed her quite easily.

Ophelia came across an open classroom door, she peeked inside the door and saw Professor Lupin, sitting at his desk working on some papers. "Professor Lup!" She shouted, startling the man.

"Ophelia, you absolutely frightened me." Remus laughed. Ophelia smiled, "That's a point to me! Anyways, how are you Professor Lup?"

Remus smiled at the girl. "I'm great thank you, and call me Remus, classes don't start until Monday, so I don't need the professional name just yet."

Ophelia snorted at a pun she made up in her head. "Remus, when you tie your shoelaces, do you put the Lupin?" Ophelia asked, containing her laughter. It took Remus a second to get the pun she just made, he then started laughing.

"You know, you're just like your father, I was very close to him." He smiled. Ophelia's smile dropped. "I never knew my father, what's he like?" Ophelia asked.

Remus grinned, he always loved telling story's about his best mates when they went to Hogwarts. "Where do I begin, your father went through a rough childhood, he ran away at age 16, he then stayed at your godfathers until he could afford an apartment to live in. He started falling in love with your mother in 7th year, a year after they got together they had you." He stopped for a breath. "After they had you, your mother started going crazy, she left most nights and never came back til late. She wouldn't show her left arm to anyone, that's when we all knew she was serving him, the dark lord. Your father tried everything to get her stop, but she wasn't having it. Your father loved you more then anything Ophelia, he would've loved Archer too."

Ophelia didn't know she was crying until she felt a tear drop onto her hand. "Was he funny?" She whispered.

Remus nodded. "He was hilarious, sarcastic, always making a pun of himself. He was very dramatic, and the most kindest person ever, even if he went through a lot. One night he walked into the dormitory, sat himself down on his bed and said. "Remus, if I ever have a child, and it's a girl, I'll call her Ophelia." And as soon as your mother had you, he went no where without having you, his little side kick by his side."

Ophelia was bawling, tears were streaming down her face, Remus noticed this and bought the girl into a comforting hug. "Will I ever get to meet him?" She sobbed. Remus frowned, "One day, one day you'll meet him Ophelia."

Remus held the young girl in his arms, as she cried. Remus promised to himself that he was going to give her the family love, she never received.

Ophelia looked up at the fatherly figure. "Can I call you dad? until I finally get to meet my real father." She whispered.

"Of course you can." Remus smiled, "I promise I'll be the fatherly figure you never had."

Ophelia wiped the tears from her eyes, she smiled up at the man. "I've only known you for a day, but I see you as a big part of my life, you're my second father."

Remus was going to cry, tears of joy of course. He's always wanted to start a family, even if the child wasn't his own, he'll still care for her, just like she was his own child. But he held the tears in.

Remus stood up. "It's nearly lunch time, I say you better go eat, or you'll starve." He teased.

Ophelia rolled her eyes. "Whatever you say, father figure." She grinned as she said the last part, Ophelia then made her way out the door.

Remus was grinning like an idiot. 'I'll take care of her.' He thought, 'for you, because I know you'd never want to see her broken, and never do I.'

(Not edited.)

A/N: Remus as a father figure to Ophelia makes my heart so soft, they both deserve the world.

Y'all probably know who Ophelia's dad is now right! I chucked out a massive hint that made is obvious.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter, I love you all!

- elizabeth❤️