• forty six

matilda, you talk of the pain
like it's all,
alright.

eight days, 5 hours and 24 minutes, Ophelia counted every minute without her father, she could only close her eyes and dream that he'd return and everything would be okay

eight days, 5 hours and 24 minutes, Ophelia counted every minute without her father, she could only close her eyes and dream that he'd return and everything would be okay. Remus wasn't the same, was he even Remus anymore? His clothes hung loosely from his slim body, hair messier than it had ever been.

This broke not only Ophelia's heart, but also James and Adelisa's. Adelisa knew from the start, she knew how incredibly long Remus had loved Sirius. She wanted to accept the fact that Remus loved somebody else. But a part of Adelisa still wanted Remus to love her, she had her chance and she blew it.

Ophelia trudged down the stairs, her hair was matted and messy. The house was eerie and quiet, something that it never was. Everyone was sat around the fire place when Ophelia arrived in the living room.

She walked herself to the couch, taking the free spot between Remus and Harry. Harry looked up as he noticed the girl, a soft smile planted it's way on his lips.

"Good morning love." Harry said quietly to her. Ophelia nodded in return acknowledging Harry's words. She was too weak to speak, all those restless nights she had spent crying had really drained her.

Remus looked up at the girl, giving her a sad but genuine smile. Ophelia's heart broke at the sight of him. Ophelia was going to kill her, she was going to kill Bellatrix Lestrange. The frizzy haired woman better watch her back.

"Would anyone like a warm cup of tea?" Adelisa spoke up, trying to lift the mood. There were a few grumbles of different answers. "James darling, be a dear and give me a hand?" Adelisa asked her son.

While James helped his mother, the rest of the crew sat quietly as they waited. It was a saddening silence, a silence of mourning for a soul that has left. A soul that everybody loved so dearly.

"It hurts." Ophelia whispered drained, "It hurts so fucking much Harry."

Harry wrapped his arm around the fragile girl, his heart shattering at her words. "I know Lee." Harry whispered, leaning in to kiss her forehead softly. "You're so strong."

Ophelia was strong, she was one of the strongest people Harry had known. Godric, she was way stronger than he'd ever be. That's what he admired about Ophelia, no matter what happens she'll find her way back.

Adelisa and James arrived back with the cups of tea, handing them between the lot. Ophelia held onto her cup tightly, the warmth calming her. "Thanks Addy." Remus said quietly, sending her a soft smile.

Adelisa returned the smile, giving Remus a soft pat on the back. "So." Remus began, with a shaky breath, "How do we plan the funeral?" He finished, trying his best to keep himself together. He had to be strong for Ophelia, she needs him during this difficult time.

Ophelia was dreading those words. She didn't want to say goodbye to her father, he was all she had, the only thing that was holding her together. "I want it to be perfect, everything dad ever loved will be at the funeral and I'll make sure of it." Ophelia whispered, playing with the strings of her hoodie... well technically Harry's hoodie.

"I want him to finally have his happy ending, even if he's not here to experience it." Ophelia mumbled, trying to hold back her tears. She was only fifteen, she shouldn't even be planning a funeral, especially for her own father.

Ophelia lied on her bed, her legs were pressed up against the wall and her back was flat on the mattress. She stared up at the ceiling, a million thoughts invading her mind.

The house was quiet, too quiet. Everyone was mourning the loss of Sirius Black, the house now felt empty. The Weasley were gone, Harry was set to leave tomorrow as was Adelisa, Remus and James.

Ophelia didn't want to stay at Grimmauld Place, but she knew it would be the safest place for her right now. After all, Ophelia has been alone for many years, she can do it again.

There was a soft knock on the door, then Harry poked his head in. "Hey." He said, a ghost of a smile pulling at his lips.

Ophelia turned her head towards the boy, her eyes tired and bagged. "Hello, Harry." Ophelia replied.

"Mind if I come in?" Harry asked,

"Not at all."

Harry made his way over to the girl, shuffling onto the bed and lying in her exact position beside her. "You okay?"

Ophelia shrugged, she had to be okay. She should be used to all the death in her life by now. "S'pose."

Harry sighed, turning his head to face the girl, moving his hands to brush a strand of hair away from her face. "What's bothering you?" Harry asked.

"Harry what are we?" Ophelia questioned, turning to face him also.

She watched as Harry thought about her question, she was afraid of what he'd say. She didn't want to lose him too, she had already lost so much.

"Whatever you want us to be."

after the storm,
the flowers bloom.

(Not edited.)

A/N:  I AM SO SORRY IVE BEEN AWAY SO LONG. I FINISHED MY UNI PATHWAY AND IM NOW TAKING A GAP YEAR BEFORE MY BACHELOR DEGREE, I PLAN ON UPDATING MORE!! WHILE BEING AWAY FROM WATTPAD I BECAME AN AUNTY TO A NEPHEW AND A NIECE!!

SO SO SO EXCITED TO BEGIN THE DEALTHY HALLOWS. AHHH

CANT FORGET THE REACTION MEME OF THE CHAPTER!

LOVE YOU ALL 3000!!.