• thirty five

Now I just want to stay
here and fall into
midnight.

Sirius hated seeing his daughter so down, it didn't only make him upset but others around her

Sirius hated seeing his daughter so down, it didn't only make him upset but others around her. Ophelia hasn't left her room at Grimmauld Place since her arrival, no matter how hard Sirius, Remus, Ron and Hermione tried, they couldn't get the girl to leave. Sirius was beyond frustrated with himself, he had no idea how to comfort his daughter with grief, as he went through grief alone.

"She just needs time Sirius," Remus smiler sadly, walking into the room as he leaned on the door frame,

Sirius looked up at his bestfriend, arms crossed over his chest, "She's my daughter Remus, I can't stand seeing her like this,"

Remus nodded understandably, pushing himself off the wall as he turned towards the stairs, "Try using alohomora," Remus suggested, before vanishing upstairs,

"Moony, you're a genius!" Sirius called out, as he rushed up stairs, stopping in front of Ophelia's door, wand held to the handle. "Alohomora," Sirius whispered, satisfied with the click of the door.

Sirius pushed open the door, his eyes glancing around the room until they landed on Ophelia, hunched over her windowsill, Sirius quietly walked over to do her, as he took a seat on her bed. Clearing his throat so Ophelia was aware of his presence.

"Hey sunshine," Sirius whispered, leaning forward to place a hand on his daughter's shoulder, "I'm here if you need to talk," Sirius told the girl,

Ophelia kept her gaze on the window, wiping one of the many tears that followed, "I miss him dad," Ophelia croaked out, closing her eyes.

"I know, and that's okay," Sirius reassured, rubbing her back, "It's okay to grieve for someone you love, I understand what it's like, to lose someone who means a lot to you," Sirius smiled sadly, missing his bestfriend.

Ophelia turned around facing her father, "What helped you?" Ophelia asked, "What helped you coped?"

Sirius smiled softly, motioning his daughter over to sit beside him, "Think of all the good memories you had with him," Sirius smiled, "He would want you to be happy," Sirius stated, bringing his daughter into a hug, "The ones that love us, never really leave us Ophelia,"

"Do you miss Harry's dad?" Ophelia asked, looking up at her father,

Sirius smiled sadly, "Everyday,"

Sirius bounded down the stairs, Ophelia not far behind him, both had mischievous smirks etched upon their face. Remus who was in the kitchen with a cup of hot chocolate watched the pair curiously, taking in how much like her father Ophelia was, the two were very much mischievous.

Ophelia let out a screech as her father threw a pillow at her face, causing the girl to flop onto the couch, "What was that for!"

"No reason!" Sirius called out, raising his hands up in surrender, as he backed away from his daughter, smirking.

Ophelia scoffed as she picked up a harder pillow, throwing it directly at his face, causing Sirius to hold his eye dramatically as he fell to the floor, "Oops my bad," Ophelia smirked,

"You evil child! Remus did you see that? Remus she just blinded me!" Sirius yelled dramatically, Remus rolled his eyes dramatically as he walked over to the pair, high-fiving Ophelia.

"Traitor!" Sirius bellowed, yelping at the sudden slap on his arm from his daughter, "Evil child!"

Ophelia snorted, "Sorry my hand slipped," Ophelia shrugged, her smirk growing wider,

"That's it! You have just lost prank privileges!" Sirius teased, as he got up from the ground, "No pranks for a week missy," Sirius grinned, watching the smirk fall from his daughters face,

"That's too far Mr Black," Fred Weasley pointed out as he stepped into the kitchen, George waddling I'm behind him,

Ophelia nodded, "He's right! You can't do that!"

Sirius smirked as he leaned up against the door frame, arms crossed over his chest, "Then no hot chocolate from Remus" Sirius teased,

"I'm not doing pranks for a week," Ophelia said rather quickly, as she skipped up stairs towards Ron and Hermione's room, the twins following close behind her as the door shut.

"She's a miniature you," Remus snorted, pinching the bridge of his nose with a shake of his head,

Sirius barked out a laugh, "Like father like daughter,"

A knock was heard on the door of Grimmauld Place. Everyone stopped eating as the knocks continued, then suddenly they stopped for a couple of seconds. Sirius stood up, wand in his hand, as he pointed it at the door, ready to defend himself.

As the door opened, Sirius' wand dropped to the side of him, his eyes widening. Sirius was speechless, he didn't know how to react. "Remus!" Sirius called out, his voice shaking a bit.

Remus rushed towards Sirius, stopping dead in his track, as he recognised a person in front of Sirius. Eyes widening as Sirius stepped away to reveal the stranger Remus' eyes filled with tears.

"Remus, Sirius," The female smiled, "Miss me?"

(Not edited.)

A/N: YOOO WE ARE SO CLOSE TO 50K OMFGG IM SO THANKFUL FOR YOU ALL SO MUCH!!

ALSO DO YOU ALL KNOW WHO THE FEMALE IS? TAKE A GUESSSSS

REACTION MEME OF CHAPTER:

SO THANKFUL FOR YOU ALL!!! LOVE YOU ALL 3000!!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

-elizabeth❤️