• thirty nine

If I could go back
and change the past
be a little braver then I have.

If I could go back and change the past be a little braver then I have

Clear flashbacks fogged Ophelia Black's vision. The haunting screams looming in her head, only seemed to get louder as each minute ticked by. Shaking off the flashbacks, Ophelia bounded her way down stairs. A fake smile pulled tight upon her lips, to make it believable that she was excited for her sixteenth.

Sirius Black beamed up at his daughter as she entered the room, a loud cheer escaping his mouth. "Happy birthday sunshine," Sirius clapped, getting up from his chair as he hugged his daughter. "Thanks dad," Ophelia smiled, hugging him back.

Harry studied the girls face, a small frown etching upon his lips as he saw the bags under her eyes. Harry got up from his spot as he pushed his chair in, grabbing the girl by the arm gently as he took her to an empty room. "Did you sleep at all last night?" Harry asked concerned, extending his hand as his fingers grazed her cheek.

Ophelia could've melted into the boys touch, but she knew she couldn't. "I wasn't tired." Ophelia lied, pulling away from his touch. Harry raised an eyebrow at Ophelia pointing to the bags underneath her eyes. "Those say otherwise." Harry replied crossing his arms over his chest.

"Okay fine. I'm tired" Ophelia admitted ignoring the burning sensation of her eyes as she pushed back her tears. "I'm tired of everything Harry." Ophelia continued, her hands flopping to her side in defeat. Harry ran his hand through his hair a frown falling upon his lips. "Do you want to talk about it?" Harry asked.

"I feel so fucking empty sometimes, and it's so exhausting to feel nothing and everything at the same time." Ophelia managed to breathe out as she ignored the way Harry's hand found hers. "No one gets it Harry, I mean they claim to. But do they really listen?" Ophelia cried out, her emotions finally getting the best of her.

Ophelia desperately wiped the tears from her eyes, tightening her grip around Harry's hand. "I'm sick of putting on an act for everything, because when the hell is somebody going to realise that this girl right here is a broken fucking mess."

Ophelia Black had just broken down, numerous of tears cascading down her face. "It's my fault that Archer is gone it should have been me, she should have killed me that night." Ophelia whispered the last part harshly.

"Look at me, none of this was your fault." Harry whispered moving his hand so it rested beneath her chin. "Whatever happened that night Ophelia, it wasn't your fault. So don't say that about yourself." Harry said sternly looking up to meet her emerald green eyes that shown nothing but pain.

Ophelia shook her head anger bubbling up inside of her. "No, no you don't understand. It was my birthday Harry, it was my fucking birthday and I had to witness my own fucking mother take the light from my brothers eyes. Her own son!" Ophelia snapped yanking her hand away from his.

"Come here." Harry replied softly, opening his arms as he brought the girl into a hug, his chin resting on top of her head as silent tears fell from her eyes. "Everything is my fault." Ophelia whispered, wiping her tears with her sleeve.

Harry lifted her chin up so he could meet her eyes, a soft look making its way upon his face. "Don't you dare speak about yourself like that. Ophelia are you hearing yourself?" Harry said moving a stray strand of hair behind her ear. "You're so extremely brave, you know that." Harry whispered softly rubbing soothing circles on her back.

"It's so selfish of me to say this, but I just want a normal birthday. But every year I'm reminded by the haunting memories." Ophelia breathed out, finally giving into Harry's touch. His touch felt like home, it was as though every single bad thing had been lifted from her shoulders as soon as his hands found hers.

Harry ignored the butterflies in his stomach as their faces were centimetres apart. "Then why don't we make this birthday your best." Harry smiled as he held out his hand for her to take. Ophelia smiled sadly as she took his hand. The pair made their way back towards the kitchen, a small smile making its way upon Ophelia's face as she was met with the faces of everybody she loved.

"Happy birthday!" Ron exclaimed as he handed Ophelia his gift. "I know it's not much but Hermione helped me make it." Ron smiled as Ophelia unopened the gift. A wide grin spread across Ophelia's face upon seeing the charmed necklace. Looking up at her was Ron, Hermione, Harry and herself, she remembered the day this picture was taken clearly. They had just had a snowball fight in the courtyard Hermione and Ophelia had easily beat the boys. "Thank you so much, I love it." Ophelia grinned, as she faced Hermione and Ron a hug.

"Alright shove over." Harry said to Ron as he pushed him out the way, handing Ophelia a gift of his own. "I know how much you've been wanting one." Harry smiled. Ophelia's jaw dropped upon seeing the snowy white cat, tears of joy began prickling at her eyes. "Thank you Harry, thank you so much." Ophelia cried happily, her fingers running through the cats soft fur.

"Do you have a name for her?" Harry asked, ignoring the bubbly feeling in his stomach as he watched Ophelia smile. Ophelia nodded with excitement as she set down the fluffy white cat. "Cora." Ophelia said, as she looked up at Harry. "Her name is Cora."

Ophelia looked around the room as everyone was chatting away, her smile not once leaving her face. This was her family, the people that made her feel at home.

(Not edited.)

A/N: YOOO IM BACKK BRO WE ARE SO CLOSE TO 100k AND I CAN NOT THANK YOU ALL ENOUGH!!! SOOO HOW ABOUT WE SHARE THIS BOOK TO FRIENDS/ FAMILY AND HELP ME HIT IT!!!

I LOVE YOU GUYS SO EXTREMELY MUCH, WORDS CAN NOT DESCRIBE HOW ABSOLUTELY THANKFUL I AM OF ALL OF YOU!!! ❤️

REACTION MEME OF CHAPTER:

REMEMBER THAT I LOVE YOU ALL 3000!!! DRINK PLENTY OF WATER!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

-elizabeth❤️