• forty

I wanna be back to where
we started. To the
summer night.

The sun merged from behind the hill, a slither of sunlight peeking through the gap of Ophelia's curtain

The sun merged from behind the hill, a slither of sunlight peeking through the gap of Ophelia's curtain. Grimmaulds place was rather eerie and dark, but as the summer light shown through the shadowy building it brought the place to life. A sudden knock on the door brought the ginger haired girl out of her slumber. Ophelia pulled the covers from over body as she stood up, bounding her way over to the door.

"Good morning." Sirius smiled at his daughter as he stepped inside Ophelia's room. "Molly wanted me to let you know that breakfast is ready." He told her, proceeding to make his way downstairs. Ophelia followed behind her father, taking an empty chair at the dining table. "Morning everyone," Ophelia greeted, a small smile planted upon her lips.

Harry looked up at the sound of Ophelia's voice, his lips pulling up into a tight smile. "Morning Ophelia." Harry waved, mentally cursing at himself at how awkward it looked. Ophelia looked up at Harry a wide grin on her face. "Hey Haz." Ophelia greeted.

Harry spat out his juice at the nickname, then quickly turned to Ron his face reddening. "Funny joke Ron! Good one." Harry played off as he patted Ron's back. Ron stared at Harry with a confused look, "What joke?" Ron asked, then finally understood Harry needed backup, "Oh! Yes it was quite funny."

Ophelia's eyebrows raised as she studied the pair, crossing her arms over her chest as she leaned over the table. "I'm not stupid." Ophelia whispered to the pair before getting up from her chair, sending Harry a wink. "Have a lovely day Ron and Haz," Ophelia teased as she skipped off.

"I hate it here." Harry groaned as his head smacked onto the table. Sirius snorted at Harry's attitude, shaking his head as he placed the dishes in the sink, "That won't win her over," Sirius said.

Harry looked up at Sirius, "What's that supposed to mean?" Harry asked, desperately wanting to know what Sirius meant. Sirius sent Harry a playful wink before walking out the dining room. "Why are they so similar?" Harry turned to Ron, rubbing at his temples.

"Did you tell him?" Ron said to Harry, watching as Harry choked on his drink yet again. Harry let out a long frustrated groan, if Sirius knew it was over for him. "Oh yes Sirius hello, I've been fancying your daughter since third year. Of course I didn't tell him you idiot." Harry snapped.

Ron raised his hands up in surrender, "Alright bloody hell, I'm sorry." He laughed, ignoring the glare Harry sent him. "Sirius is right, you need something that'll win her over." Ron said as he got up, pushing his chair in.

"Well are you going to be an oaf and not tell me? Or can you actually say something." Harry replied coldly, crossing his arms over his chest. Ron sighed as he sat back down in his chair. "Well maybe a grand gesture? Like flowers and a picnic." Ron suggested, ignoring the look he received from Harry.

"Yes Ron, I'm going to take her on a lovely picnic. Maybe Voldemort can pour our drinks." Harry said sarcastically, as Ron rolled his eyes shoving his best friend slightly. "Really hilarious Harry." Ron laughed.

Ophelia sat on her bed as she hummed softly to the music that filled the atmosphere. Everything was going well until something flicked in the back of her mind, causing Ophelia to feel an entire amount of rage. This scared the young girl, she had never experienced this. She felt so angry but there was no cause of the anger.

Ophelia's hands began to glow, she knew what was about to happen. "Somebody, please help me." Ophelia yelled, her voice visibility shaken. Ophelia felt a slight burn in her palms, as they engulfed in flames. Harry bounded threw the door, immediately rushing over to the girl as he engulfed her into a tight hug. The flames coming to a stop at Harry's impact.

"What's happening to me?" Ophelia cried out, her fists clenching onto Harry's shirt. Harry rubbed soothing circles on her back with his thumbs. "I don't know Phelia, but it's going to be okay." Harry whispered, brushing a strand of hair away from her face.

Ophelia threw her arms around him, pulling him closer to her. There was something about Harry that calmed her, whatever it is she needs to know it. "Harry I'm scared." Ophelia breathed out, looking up to meet his eyes. Fresh tears were spilling out, causing Harry's eyes to soften at the sight of her. "It's okay." Harry whispered, kissing her forehead.

Sirius ran through the door, concern filling his grey eyes as he studied his daughters state. "What happened?" Sirius asked, taking his daughter from Harry's arms. Harry pointed to Ophelia's palms, as they glowed red from the heat. "It happened again." Harry told him, standing up.

"Do you know how?" Sirius asked desperately wanting to know what was happening with his daughter. Ophelia looked up at Sirius with tear stained cheeks, shrugging her shoulders. "I-I don't know what happened dad, I just so felt angry over nothing." Ophelia told him, sniffling slightly.

Sirius ran his free hand through his hair, "I need to talk to Dumbledore." Sirius said, lifting Ophelia from the floor as he motioned Harry to help her over to her bed. "This has been going on for far to long." Sirius stated as he swiftly walked out the room.

"We'll get to the top of this, I promise you." Harry said, sending her a reassuring smile. Harry helped Ophelia onto her bed as he brought the covers over her. "And what happens if we don't?" Ophelia whispered back, grabbing his hand for comfort.

Harry sat down on her bed, rubbing her hand with his thumb. "Then we fight it, we don't let it win." Harry smiled softly, bringing her hand up to his face, placing a light kiss on it. "We will fight this storm together."

He calmed the storm to a whisper
and stifled the waves.

(Not edited.)

A/N: LOL NOT ME NEARLY CRYING BC WE'RE NEARLY AT 100K READS 😭😭 BUT SERIOUSLY GUYS, I LITERALLY CAN NOT THANK YOU ALL ENOUGH FOR STICKING WITH ME THROUGHOUT THIS AMAZING JOURNEY! I LOVE YOU ALL SO INCREDIBLY MUCH!

REACTION MEME OF CHAPTER:

HARRY STYLES HARRY STYLES HARRY STYLES

HARRY STYLES HARRY STYLES HARRY STYLES. HEHE ANYWAYS I LOVE YOU ALL 3000!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

-elizabeth❤️