Chapter Ten: Family Troubles

"Looks like Kayla's depressed... again," Alexis said.

     "Well that's one way you could say it," Nya replied softly.

     Again, Kayla stayed in her room. This time Cole was worried even more than the first time she did this. This had all gone wrong! This year was a total disaster. First there was no ice, then Luke got kidnapped, and now Austin has been kidnapped as well. Kayla tried to keep thinking about the good things, but the good things kept reminding her of the bad things. For example, her first kiss was the best thing to happen to her, but now Austin has gone missing and made her even more scared.

     "How do we live like this?" Kayla whispered.

     "It's not living, but it is surviving," Cole brushed his hand on her back.

     "I get that," Kayla says. "Why did we think this was a good idea?"

     Cole was silent. He had no clue what to say or do. He keped rubbing hid hand softly over Kayla's back.

     "My son won't rest until we find Luke," Garmadon says.

     "I know, brother," Wu replies, "I promise that we will find both Austin and Luke."

     "And how will we do that?" Garmadon asks. "Must we travel back to the city?"

     Wu was silent. He was debating with himself on whether they should or not.

     Jay sat outside, while Kai tried to get him to train. Jay refused. He was worried about his little brother and Luke. Kai was worried about Luke, Austin, Lloyd, Kayla, and Cole too. Kai felt like he was the big brother of all of them. He had a strange connection with them and cared and worried for everyone even if they didn't need it.

     Lloyd was sitting on his bed. He was too worried to do anything. "What's gonna happen to Luke?" He says to himself. He looks out the window. He sees a bird flying towards the house. Could it be? He thought to himself. Lloyd stood up and walked to the window. "The falcon...?"