Chapter Thirteen: Pure Darkness

"Th- They are..?" Kylie gasps silently. Yan nods as the ninja surround them.

     "Look," says Cole, "I have no clue why you're here and I don't know who you are, but I have a strange feeling about you two."

     "So do I," Kai says. "They just look like Nya and me."

     Yan and Kylie seem very nervous. "Well, we'd like to stay here and all, but,"  Yan tries to push Kylie away, "we really have to be going."

     "Wait," Lloyd says. "Why don't you stay with us and help us?"

     Kylie breaks away from Yan's grip. "Really?!" she exclaims.

     "But... Kylie," Yan whispers as Kylie runs to Kai. They were the exact same height. 

     "Welcome aboard!" Kayla says cheerfully. "I hope we can make you feel at home."

     "Kayla! Jay!" a voice yells.

     Kayla and Jay look in the direction of the voice. "Austin!" they both exclaim as they run to him. 

     "Ahh, I found you," Austin hugs Kayla.

     "How did you escape?" Kayla asks.

     "Oh, I was just 'thinking loose'," he replies.

     "There's the Austin I trained!" Cole puts his arm around Austin stiffly but tightly.

     Luke ran through the forest. His heart becoming less and less pure by the second. Almost to a black pit of hate and anger.

     "You know where the house is correct, Luke?" Overlord asks.

    "Correction. I know exacly where they are located. I am a high-tech nindroid created by Master Overlord," Luke replies in a dark voice.

     "Very good, Luke," Overlord replies. "What was the purpose of me creating you?"

     "To destroy the ninja," Luke's voice sounded electronic for a moment.

     "Terrific," Overlord snickers.

     "I do hope that the ninja will make it here safely," Cyrus Borg walks to his computer with his robotic legs.

     "Yes," PIXAL agrees. "The ninja have saved us before, and they will do it again for the safety of New Ninjago City."

     Borg nods as he prints blueprints for a device he is working on.

     "Sir," PIXAL says, "what are those blueprints for?"

     "It's a surprise for Kayla."

     "May I help you build it?" PIXAL walks to Borg.

     Cyrus puts his arm around PIXAL. "Of course my darling," he says. "I need you to order some faux fur from the online store. And I need some more metal bars."

     "So we can travel with you?" Kylie asked Kai.

     Kai blushed, "Of course! I'd be happy to help someone with such great taste in style."

     Kylie smiled, "Right back at cha!"