Chapter Nineteen: Success

"We need to get back home," Lloyd says. "It's getting kinda late."
     "Yeah, we better get going," Cole stands up. The others stand up too.
     "Thank you, Cyrus," Kai says.
     Kayla puts her arms around Cyrus. "Thank you," she whispers.
     Cyrus puts his arms around her, "You're very welcome, my dear."
     The ninja all crowd in the elevator, this time joined with Aqua. On their way home, the snow started to fall again. They passed the lake on their way. Still no ice. When they were halfway to the house from the forest line (where the forest ends), they heard a scream. Not a scared scream. A terrified or murder scream. The ninja all heard it. Even Aqua started to growl.
     "You guys heard that too, right," Lloyd asks. The sun was almost completely down. The ninja all nodded. "Good. Then I know I'm not crazy."

     "Zay?" Kylie calls out. "Nicole? Jane? Lori?" Kylie looked around in panic. She heard the scream too. Yan and Kylie were walking back to the forest when they couldn't find the ninja in the city. They started to run deeper into the forest to where they heard the scream. They found three of the girls standing together.
     "There you are! I thought that scream was one of you for a minute--" Kylie cuts herself off. She couldn't tell who it was, but a girl lie on the snow. She could see blood on the snow underneath the girl. Kylie put her hand over her mouth and fell to her knees. Yan gasped when he saw the girl and knelt down beside his sister. The other three girls did the same. The sun was all the way down at this point. Kylie couldn't tell who was who. And she sobbed.

     "At least it wasn't one of us, right?" Jay says.
     "Yeah," Kai says. "I'd like to try and help, but it's too dark and we don't have anything to help them with."
     "We need to get back home," Lloyd says. So they walk as fast as they can to the house and go to sleep. 

     Overlord laughs evilly, "A successful kill, Luke."
     Luke smirks as he runs through the forest to the ninja's house. "Now on to the next," he says with a dark tone.