Bonus Chapter: Aqua's Story

Aqua. The best friend of Kayla Brookstone. Or was at least was. After Zane sacrificed himself, Lloyd convinced the ninja to move and survive into the wilderness. And that meant leaving every electronic behind. Which included Aqua.

     Aqua was given to Kayla on her 8th birthday from Cyrus Borg. This was before the ninja ever even thought about going into space. Aqua was designed to protect Kayla and be her friend. Cyrus used his amazing engineering skills to create the robotic husky for Kayla. Cyrus and Kayla were closer together than her and her brother, Cole. As much as Cyrus tried, he couldn't quite get the power source of Aqua exactly the same as Zane's "heart". Which didn't matter to Kayla. On her birthday, Cyrus asked her to get something from his office. When she went to grab it, a husky barked from behind her. When she looked to it, he wagged his tail. The dog trotted up to Kayla with a collar in it's mouth and lied it at Kayla's feet. Kayla picked up the collar. The front of the tag was blank, but the back said To Kayla Brookstone, from Cyrus Borg. Kayla smiled and looked at the dog. 
     "I'll call you Aqua," Kayla said. This was, of course, after she discovered her elemental power. Kayla raced out of Cyrus' office, forgetting what he needed her to get, with Aqua following close behind her. 
     Soon after, Kayla got Aqua's name engraved on his collar and the two of them became the best of friends. When the ninja were on missions, they would always go on mini adventures together. But then they had to get rid of ever electronic and leave it in New Ninjago City. And Kayla left Aqua with Cyrus and PIXAL and trusted them to take good care of Aqua. And Kayla hasn't seen Aqua since they moved into the Birchwood Forest.