twelve.

"Y/N."

"Yes?"

"Wake up, my mom wants to talk to you."

You opened your eyes and sat up, face to face with Felix. "Am I in trouble? Did I do something wrong?"

"No." He chuckled, grabbing your hand. "She's a therapist, she wants to talk to you."

"Oh." You replied slowly. "Does she think I'm crazy?" You looked down, subconsciously rubbing you arm.

He grabbed your hand, stopping your movements, and smiled at you reassuringly. "No, she just wants to help you."

You nodded and hopped off of his bed, and he threw you a pair of shorts, making you tilt your head at him.

"Your mom brought you some extra clothes." He told you.

You nodded and slipped them on, then you tiptoed downstairs and into the kitchen.

"Good morning, honey. How did you sleep?" Mrs. Lee asked.

You smiled. "Good. I slept very well."

She smiled and grabbed your wrist, taking you to a room and shutting the door. She told you to sit, and so you did.

"Felix mentioned you having an episode." She started. "Why do you think you have these episodes?"

She asked so bluntly, so casually, you almost didn't register the question.

You sighed. "Trauma, I guess?"

"Tell me about it."

"My ex boyfriend was abusive." You shrugged. "Verbally and mentally."

"How?"

"He degraded me, called me a bunch of names." You trailed off, playing with your fingers. "Unloved, unwanted."

"Is that true? Are you those things?"

You looked up at Mrs. Lee, sudden tears in your eyes as you nodded. "Yes."

"Okay. Since you're unloved and unwanted, why does Felix love you so much? He could do so much better, and your parents, they're probably ashamed of you as well. Maybe they wish they had a better daughter-"

"No-"

"Yes, Y/N. If you can't love yourself, why should they love you?"

Your eyes searched hers. "They love me. Felix loves me."

"Why would he-"

"Because, I'm me!" You yelled. "I'm myself and that's all that matters. I don't have to be the prettiest or the skinniest to be wanted. I'm perfect the way I am and that's why I'm loved!"

You held your head in your hands, sobbing, and then a pair of arms were around you.

"That's all I wanted to hear you say, Y/N." You looked up at her to see her smiling. "I didn't mean to make you upset to a point where you would cry, but I wanted you to realize that you're perfect the way you are."

"Thank you." You wiped at your eyes. "Thank you so much."

She patted your back and you left her therapy room, wiping your face again as you went into Felix's room.

"Your mom is some type of freaky genius mastermind." You said, plopping onto his bed in front of him and putting your hands on his knees.

He tilted his head curiously. "Why's that?"

"She got into my head by pretty much insulting me. She made me realize that I love myself, or that I can at least build off of the self love that I have right now."

You told him the whole conversation you and his mom had, and he looked at you with wide eyes.

"She made you cry?"

"Felix, that's not the point." You laughed. "She made me realize my self worth and self love."

He smiled and pulled you into his chest, only leaning back for a second to give you a peck on the lips.

"Hey, Mom." You spoke into the phone.

"How are you feeling? Do you need anything?" She questioned.

"I'm fine." You chuckled. "How are you and Dad?"

"Worrying about you, but we know you're in safe hands." She sighed. "Hey, uh-"

Your eyebrows firepower as she trailed off. "What is it?"

"Your father and I are worried about your mental health. We're afraid you're becoming mentally unstable. I mean, you've had two episodes in the past two months. Y/N, the last episode you had was a year ago."

"Mom, I'm fine. If I need help, I'll get it from Mrs. Lee, she's a therapist, you know?"

"Oh really?" She sighed. "Well, that's fantastic. If you do need help please get it from her, okay?"

"I will. I promise."

"So, how long are you going to stay with Felix?"

You looked over at Felix, and he was already staring at you, and when you made eye contact, a big smile appeared on his face.

"Until he gets tired of me, I guess." You laughed.

"Okay honey. Be safe, and use protection!"

You gasped and shyly looked at Felix. "Mom!"

"I love you. Bye bye~"

She hung up and you sat next to Felix. "She is truly unbelievable sometimes."

"What happened?"

"She," you tried not to laugh. "Told me to be safe and use protection."

He gasped and looked down at you, his cheeks a deep shade of red, but then you both started laughing uncontrollably. Once your laughter died down and you caught your breath, Felix grabbed your hand.

"I got you something." He whispered.

"Why? You didn't have to get me anything."

"I wanted to, Y/N."

He pulled out a box from his bedside table and opened it, revealing a beautiful ring with your initials on it.

"It's a promise ring I had custom made for you. It's a promise that I'll stick with you through your journey and everything that you do, and a promise that I'll keep you safe in my arms."

He grabbed your left hand and slipping it onto your ring finger.

"Felix, it's beautiful." You smiled as you pulled him into a hug. "Thank you."

You laid down, your hand cupping his jaw while his arm was slung around your waist. "You put it on my marriage finger."

"Yeah, I did." He smiled. "It'll be a good place holder."

-