Is There A Chance?

Bess walked to most of the clubs asking if they could let her play a few gigs. Most of them agreed but she needed a partner she frowned and said:"sure i'll bring one on the night of the gigs" She walked the streets of Australia until she bumped into someone she almost fell but he grabbed her wrist and said:"pardon me"

Bess:"No no its okay it was my fault"

he looked at her and said:"wait that voice those eyes is that you Bess?"

Bess looked at him in confusion and gasped. She said:"oh my god max!? is that really you?"

Max:"haha in the flesh" she hugged him and said:"oh my gosh i missed you so much!"

Max:"the feeling's mutual!"

Bess:"how's everything going max?"

Max:"everything's fine looking for some places to play gigs at how about you?"

Bess:"everything is more or less alright"

Max:"Are you looking for places that are hiring?"

Bess:"i found a few but i need a duet partner and since i remember how much you used to love to sing i was wondering would you consider singing with me?"

Max:''hmmm let me think..." Bess gave him a pleading look "OF COURSE BESS!"

Bess hugged him and said:"thank you so much!"

Max:"you're my friend! that's what friends are for Bess"

He smiled and she smiled back. Max:"where are you staying?"

Bess:"er i um i was staying with my friends but then things got awkward so i left this morning"

Max:"you got no where to stay?"

Bess shook her head and looked up at him. Max had a smile across his face which confused Bess so she said:"uh why are you smiling?"

Max:"cause now i'll do you a favour my grandparents own a house which they left for me when they moved to California so would you like to stay in it with me?"

Bess:"sure i guess since i have no where else to go"

Max:"great i have a recording booth in my house we could practise the songs we sing over there" B

Bess's eyes widened and she stammered:"y-y-you h-have a r-r-recording b-b-booth?"

Max:"haven't you seen my youtube videos?"

Bess shook her head and blushed a bit. Bess:"i er um don't stay that long on the laptop or at all"

Max:"its alright better to show you then" 

Bess:"we can continue searching the streets for more clubs or restaurants for gigs"

Max:"how many gigs have you got so far?"

Bess:"we have one tonight after a band and we have a few the following days but i guess we got loads"

Max:"then relax Bess we've got enough"

Bess:"alright fine we'll go rehearse the songs we'll sing"

Max:"we can do a medley!"

Bess:"excuse me?"

Max:"a mixture of songs for a singer"

Bess:"maroon five maybe"

Max:"now there's an idea"

Bess:"alright lets go" Max called a cab and it took them to his house he paid the tab and they both got out of the taxi. Max lead Bess into the guest room she unpacked her stuff and put her laptop on the desk took out her phone and saw three or four texts.