Chapter Six

Chapter 6 - She's Still Frustrating (Connor POV)

It was Thanksgiving day and I was busy trying to read into some articles. It was all so vague, but one thing was certain. A competitor company was going fully electric. Although the technology was out there, it still wasn't affordable enough to push an entire company's products to be electric only. There was no way to do that in a way that would be affordable enough to keep a company afloat, but here were the articles, stating that they were making this their new norm and it would be affordable.

    I thought it was a gag article. But then I saw a few more. Now I was neck deep in searching through this. This was something our company should've known about before it became an article on Popular Mechanics.

    It was frustrating. I wanted to call someone in my office who would know about this, but, of course, it had to be Thanksgiving day.

    I closed out of the web browser and ran my fingers through my hair. I looked at the time. I needed to start getting ready for Jon's party. I really didn't want this information to sit, but there wasn't much I could do.

    Why didn't I know about this?

    I stopped myself. I couldn't do this. Not today. Although most of the office was closed the day after Thanksgiving as well. If this looked bad, I'd call whoever I needed to, to get the information then.

    I finally got up from my seat to get dressed. I had been sitting in my boxers the moment I got out of the shower. I was in such a rush to get back online and try and decipher something from the articles.

    I grabbed the suit I had laid out on my bed. It was a dark gray suit with a forest green tie. It was one of my favorite looks. I loved greenery and kept a lot of plants in my home. It went well with the gray and white architecture. So if any suit was synonymous with my style, it was this.

    I heard my phone buzz. I'm here. Samantha texted me. She wanted to carpool over to Jon's house.

    I looked at the time. It was exactly 5:30 p.m. She was incredibly punctual.

    I met her in the lobby and noticed she cut off a good chunk of her hair. It now sat just at the very top of her shoulders.

    "Do you like it?" She asked me, swiping her hand through it to show it off.

    "Wow, no more buns." Was my reply. I led her to my car, noticing the revealing nature of her navy blue dress. It was strapless, and with the size of her breasts, it looked like it wouldn't be too hard for a malfunction.

    Ever since she was rehired, it seemed like she was pushing the lines of what was acceptable office wear. It wasn't too shocking that she'd push those boundaries further during a holiday.

    As I drove, my eyes kept shifting to her bare thighs. Although we lived in Florida, it seemed like she never actually got out into the sun. Her thighs were a porcelain color, with just a hint of freckling.

    My body reminded me just then that I hadn't had sex in nearly a year. Once I started working on the business proposal for Mister Matsumoto in Japan, I couldn't think about anything else. And then Greyson also came into my office, and that was another added stress.

    "What are your plans for after Jon's party?" I asked her.

    "I didn't really have anything in mind, why?" She responded.

    "Just wondering." I looked at her legs again and I was positive she noticed. She crossed one leg over the other, which made her dress hike up further.