Chapter Seven

Chapter 7 - He's the Least of my Problems (Greyson POV)

"I'm so tired of studying!" Katie sighed, laying down on the couch.

Thanksgiving break was coming to an end and I was not prepared for class on Monday. I went to a friend's house, as we all tried to get together to get serious about getting assignments done. I worked better with people around. Jay used to be that person.

We also all had a group assignment to get done, so that was the motivator. Katie had finished her section and was attempting to study for a test.

"I've gotten about nothing done." I said, looking at all the assignments I had to do this weekend. It was absolutely overwhelming. I ignored the pile I had around me and went back to my laptop and tablet setup. I was animating some of our slides for the presentation portion.

I missed the days of simple powerpoint presentations that could be done overnight. Being a senior sucked. No, actually, Dr. Stayber and his high expectations sucked.

"Grey, I'm in most of your classes. How have you not gotten anything done? What are you going to do?" Matt said. I hated Matt. He was literally the coolest person I'd ever met. When we were able to rig our schedules to be in most classes together, I was excited. He was always down for partying and going out and skipping. He was everything I enjoyed about my own self!

Except for something I only learned this semester now that I saw him so often. He was a straight-A student.

I had accepted an invitation of his to skip class one day to see how many wings we could eat at an event. The next time we had that class there was a test. I, obviously, failed while he got a full ninety-eight percent. Without a curve!

Now, I didn't mind people who did well. I wasn't one to get jealous of other people's good grades. But that was only contingent upon the idea that those people studied hard and sacrificed their social lives for it. But people who could have both? That was just too unfair.

"Listen, if you're offering to take some of my burdens, I'll be glad to share the wealth." I told him.

He replied by throwing an M&M at me.

I laughed as it hit me square in the forehead. "You bum. Help me! Give me your power." I grabbed the M&M from the floor and popped it into my mouth.

"You became the CEO at Meyers. I want your kind of power." Matt was sitting at the edge of Katie's bed, typing furiously on his computer. He seemed unfazed by a procrastinating Katie trying to touch his neck with her bare foot.

"Correction, I was C. O. O." I kept replaying the animation I had so far. I could tell as I kept going, I was getting lazier with it. It was getting choppy. I probably needed more meds to keep me sane.

"I'd like the power of telekinesis so I can take those M&M's." Shawn said. He was sitting on a computer chair, his feet up on the bed with a notebook on his lap. He was sipping on his Starbucks coffee, which I was sure was cold because we had all already finished our drinks. I was a little jealous because I wished I still had my refresher.

Matt tossed him the bag, spilling M&M's all over the floor on its way over. I just laughed, grabbing some of them from the carpeted floors as Katie seemed unfazed by the new mess in her room.

I replayed the animation one final time, and realized I wasn't getting anywhere. I decided to put my entire laptop aside and go on Meyers Twitter from my phone. I scrolled through the tweets, skimming whatever was car related. This job was turning me into a car gal and it was super weird. I now had information about cars I never thought I'd have.