Chapter Nineteen - Pt. Two

Ch. 19 Continued (Greyson POV) Pt. 2

Author's Note: NS... FW......

______

His long hair was disheveled, curling into his face and nearly into his eyes. And his beard? It gave me the same feeling Captain America had when he showed up in Infinity Wars bearded.

"Greyson?" I knew he was confused at my presence, but he didn't seem mad about it.

"Um," Was the entirely genius response I came up with.

My mind was yelling at me to book it out of there.

"Come in," He came to his senses faster than I did, standing aside so that I could enter.

"Yes! I'm coming in," My words were awkward. I shunned myself mentally for becoming such a mess. I was the one with the upper hand and that was a fact I needed to remember.

"Would you like a drink?" He asked me. I had no idea how he could flip to his professionalism so darn fast. He was nearly naked, for goodness sake!

"Yes," I said honestly. I needed to cool down.

I followed him to his kitchen, my eyes never wavering from his broad shoulders and slim waist. When did Connor find the time to workout?

He poured me a glass from his faucet, that was probably triple filtered and cleaner than any bottled water I could buy.

His forearms were veiny, and sparsely covered in light brown hair.

Did he pay money for his looks? Or did richness just grant him that privilege?

He looked at me and I turned my head so fast, I nearly gave myself whiplash.

Pull yourself together Grey! I thought to myself. What the fuck are you doing!?

I looked at a large, tree-like plant he had near a window until I heard the clank of glass on the table in front of me.

I grabbed the glass from the table, sipping on some water as he did the same.

"Sorry I didn't call ahead." I said, willing myself to keep what little resolve I had left.

"You don't need to apologize," He responded, "I'm glad you're here."

"You see. This is what I'm tired of," I told him, placing my glass back on the table. "Can you put a shirt on?" I interjected, annoyed by my eyes continuously shifting downwards.

He looked down at himself, like he hadn't noticed he was nearly nude, and placed his cup down as well to retreat to where I believed his room was.

I followed, still needing to get my thoughts out as quickly as possible.

"You keep confusing me. You always flip the script before I can even process the previous one! I feel like you keep tryin' to play me like a yoyo and I'm pissed that-" I paused. I had stopped walking right at the entrance of his bedroom. He grabbed a shirt during my ramble and I got a little mesmerized by the flex of his shoulder blades as he pulled the shirt over his head.

"I'm pissed that you told me you love me!" I blurted out, pretending I didn't just ogle him.

He finally turned around, a sad look taking over his features. "You're absolutely right," He walked up to me then, and I willed myself to stand firmly in place. "I don't deserve any kind of forgiveness from you. I've treated you like shit and in figuring out my own business, haven't really considered your feelings in all of it."