Chapter Twenty-One - Pt. One

Chapter 21 - He Hurt Me Before, He Can Do It Again (Greyson POV) Pt. 1

The internal screaming had intensified at all that happened. That's how I found myself sitting on the floor, wrapped in a blanket with a tub of chocolate ice cream in front of me. I was at Jay's new house, venting to him, his girlfriend Sierra, and Liz who was FaceTiming in.

"What do I do?" I pouted. Reaching my hand out of the bundles of blanket to grab my spoon and shovel cold sweetness into my mouth. I told them just about everything. Including sleeping with Connor, but of course, leaving out the details. That probably could've gone unstated, but Liz had the audacity to argue like I was crazy because I wasn't ranting off my own personal porno.

"Maybe it's his asshole vibe that keeps sucking me in," I stated. "That's my horrible taste in men. But, he's been really sweet recently and that hasn't turned me off to him either."

"Apparently not," Jay chimed in and I ignored it.

"And then he gave me this necklace. Which is such a couple gift. Like, I can't wear it and just be like, oh yeah he's just a friend. And I obviously can't date him because I won't come second to somebody's job. He's gonna be busy for like the next seven to ten years and by that point he'll be like forty! And I'll only be thirty. Speaking of which, there is such a huge age gap between us. And what will I do when he has to go on trips and I'm stuck with the twins?" I rambled on.

I hadn't told Jay I was off my medicine, but if he didn't know before, he probably had a good hunch now.

"Fuck this dude," Jayden said, a little too passionately. "You need someone better. Nigga gets mad and says stupid shit. Fuck that. That's the same shit my stepdad was on. Then, when mom was cryin' he'd buy her flowers to shut her up and keep her on a leash."

He was sitting on the floor of the bed, getting his hair braided by Sierra. He looked funny with half an afro and half cornrows.

"Nah, this is different," Came Liz from my phone's screen. I kept her on the floor, next to my ice cream so I could see her without having to disrupt how meticulously my blanket was bundled around me. "I've met him. This is true love and we shouldn't interfere with true love."

"I don't love him!" I cut her off.

"I was talking to Jay," Liz scolded me. My cousin was absolutely crazy.

"He could be the kind of guy who is nice in public and abusive behind doors," Sierra offered.

Her and Jay looked at me. "I don't think so. He has no issue with yelling at me or anyone in public. He's also been incredibly sweet one on one. He doesn't have a specific M.O." I felt like I was trying to solve a case on Law and Order.

"Has he ever tried to keep you secluded from other people? Like, doesn't want you around anyone, but him?" Sierra tried again.

I scoffed, "Do you know how many times he's tried to get me away from him? Well, actually..." I thought more about her question. "Whenever I used to wander off, he'd get real mad that I didn't tell him where I was. Complaining that I might get lost and stuff."

"See that? Controlling." Jay finalized as if the case was closed.

"No fucking way, Jayden. That's care." Liz added.

I sighed, diverting my attention to Sierra. "These two are polar opposite right now. What do you think?" Sierra was the voice of reason type. She was also studying Psychology so I loved having her thoughts on this. She had a soothing vibe to her. Always wearing head wraps and loose clothing that reminded me of a hippie. She also wore a lot of tribal jewelry.