Chapter Twenty

Chapter 20 - She's Important to Me (Connor POV)

I watched as Greyson stepped into her second heel and started leaving my room.

"Greyson, wait." I tossed my laptop to the side, stumbling to get up. I'd just slept with Greyson and was beyond ecstatic about it. And to show that, I said absolutely nothing to her and went on my laptop.

Going on your laptop wasn't the right move.

I was angry with myself for being so inept at understanding my own emotions and how to properly talk through them.

My phone rang as I picked up my pants from the floor, trying to figure out which way was the front.

I saw Samantha on the caller ID, "Now's not a good time, Sam." I answered, annoyance oozing from my voice. I'd left the room, trying to pull the pants over one of my legs. Greyson was practically at the front door.

There was no way she was leaving. Not yet.

"I heard you were skipping work today and I decided to come over to keep you company."

Her words didn't register immediately. I was focused on Greyson and making sure she didn't leave. However, as they finally processed, I found myself stopping where I was. "Excuse me, what?" I asked, needing to make sure I'd heard her properly.

In the next moment, Greyson was opening the front door to reveal a familiar redhead.

She dropped the phone from her ear, looking at Greyson and then looking at me.

Greyson also turned to look at me and I finally got my pants all the way up. I saw a wicked smile form on Greyson's lips as she turned to face Samantha once more.

Sam's jaw dropped as she registered what she assumed had gone on.

Well, when considering I was pulling up my pants, still without a shirt, there was only so much for someone to consider.

"What the fuck?" She asked, as I stayed in my place, trying to think about what I should do. She scrunched her face like she'd just smelled a skunk. "You're a fucking worthless, black piece of shit!" She spat at Greyson.

Before I could fully process both what was said and what was going on, Greyson lunged forward, punching her in the face.

When the hit connected, it snapped me out of my trance and I jogged forward, trying to intercede. Samantha stumbled back, shocked, but balled up her fists and leaned in.

Greyson didn't hesitate. She punched her again, in the side of the head and they were now both falling out of the condo.

If anyone saw the charade, I would surely get kicked out of my apartment.

I hurried to the doorframe, grabbing Greyson from the waist, pulling her off Samantha and back into my house.

"Connor are you serious? What are you doing?" Sam slowly picked herself off of the floor, her eyes slightly glassy. Her hair was now a mess and her lip was bleeding ever so slightly in the corner. "She just hit me! Fire her," She demanded and I remembered why I couldn't stand her for long periods of time.

"Samantha, have you lost your mind?" I spoke up, taking the authority in the situation.

I kept Greyson in my arms, not trusting that she wouldn't run off and continue her assault.

"You racist bitch!" Greyson yelled.

"I will press charges," Samantha eyed Greyson.

"Go 'head, hoe! I'm not scared of you."