Chapter Eight

Chapter 8 - She's Ignorable (Connor POV)

Author's Note: Another one ;)

I woke up to the smell of food.

I scrunched my eyebrows together in confusion. I could hear something sizzling, but I had no idea what was going on. I looked over to the far side of my bed and saw a purse on my nightstand.

I sat up, groaning.

"Good morning!" I heard Sam's voice call, and that's when it came back to me.

I had Sam over last night. As a matter of fact, I had her over the entire weekend. And now she was up before sunrise, making me breakfast.

"Morning," I called back, throwing the blankets off me to realize I wasn't wearing my underwear.

Before sleeping with her, I went through the pros and cons. The cons were that, she'd most likely think I was gearing up to enter a relationship with her, hence making me breakfast before work. Also, she would probably try to be around me more, which meant I'd have to listen to more gossip. And the biggest con was that, when I was done with my fun, I'd have to set the boundaries clearly again and if that didn't work it would probably be disastrous since I didn't hold the key to her employment, nor would I want to sacrifice a good employee.

On the pro side, I was finally feeling calmer. Like all the pent up stress was being relieved. It made me think about my past situation with Greyson. Now that I wasn't as worked up, I realized that was all it was. Pent up energy. I simply needed someone to sleep with. Greyson was as good as nothing to me.

I got up and found my boxer briefs sitting on the floor beside my bed. I picked them up when my phone dinged. I slid them on, grabbing my phone and entering the bathroom.

Good morning everyone. Jon had texted a group of us, either from the office or on the executive board. I hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving weekend. Please clear your schedules this morning as I am calling for an emergency meeting at 7am. It will be in the CEO conference room. I expect everyone to be there promptly, as I have very important information to share with you. Thank you.

It was currently 5:33am. Jon wasn't one to call for an emergency meeting often. If so, I usually knew what was going on and sent out the text myself. Something about it coming from him and so suddenly was concerning. It was also annoying that he hadn't spoken to me before scheduling this. I didn't like having to clear out my schedule for someone else.

I brushed my teeth, my mind checking through all the possible things this could be about. Once I spit out the toothpaste, I was calling Jon.

"Good morning." He answered.

"Good morning. Why is there an emergency meeting?" I got straight to the point. I wasn't angry. Again, having fulfilled my carnal needs with Sam had greatly relaxed me.

"Have you been keeping up with the news lately?" He asked. I could tell by his tone that he was stressed out.

"Is this about GMC going fully electric?" I asked. It was something I was supposed to look more into after his party, but Samantha had kept me occupied.

"Is that all you know?" He asked. I didn't like how vague he was being.

"That's all there is." I responded back.

"It goes deeper than that, Connor. I would've consulted with you first, but this meeting needed to happen as soon as I could plan it. We'll all discuss later this morning. If you can, try and clear your schedule for this entire day." He told me before hanging up.