Chapter Fifteen

Ch. 15 - He's My Grief (Greyson POV)

After a few days of spinning, I was actually feeling like I was coming back to life. I wasn't sure if the spinning was a figure of speech, or if I was actually spinning, because man did I feel like I was actually spinning, but it finally stopped.

Without the drugs, I felt lighter. Like the darkness that kept clouding my head was lifting and I was becoming me again. I had been stuck on a letter of my father's that was really pushing me through.

You're my strong little soldier. I'll never forget that day at the park when that little boy pushed you down. I thought you was going to cry, but you just got back up and told him, nope, that's not nice. And you just kept on playing and laughing! You keep on like that and you'll always be a winner. If something bad ever happens to me, you remember that. Your birthright as a Lewis is that you are a winner.

I hopped into the shower, allowing the burning hot water to wash away any negative energy that may have been lingering. Out of the shower, I turned on my speaker and connected my phone. I went to YouTube and played the song, Don't Worry, Be Happy. As the whistling blasted through my speakers, I bobbed my head to it, feeling a smile grace my face. I went over to my drawers to start getting dressed.

Here's a little song I wrote.

I put on some blue jeans, a white t-shirt and a black blazer Jackson had bought me.

You might want to sing it note for note.

I sat in front of my large vanity, grabbing my makeup brushes and eye shadows.

Don't worry, be happy.

I applied the makeup, still swaying side to side with the music, feeling good. I grabbed a red liquid lipstick and swiped it on, watching it cover my full lips.

In every life we have some trouble.

I searched through a drawer I had filled with miscellaneous items and found a black beanie that had the word, fierce, written across the front. I smiled at it.

But when you worry you make it double.

My hair was still very wet as I applied my conditioning cream to it, sitting the hat proudly over it.

Don't worry.

I stood up in front of my mirror, sliding on my red heels,

Be happy.

I loved the way I looked.

Don't worry.

I loved the way I felt.

Be happy!

Today I was going to live my best life, and I knew the perfect first thing to do. I grabbed my phone, closing out of YouTube and opening up to my contact list. I stumbled across a name I was happy to have on my phone and dialed it up. It rang a few times, but finally, he picked up.

"Hello?" He said.

"So I guess you truly are a snake, huh?" I asked him, trying to stop the stupid smile on my face. I felt so clever, although I didn't say anything particularly cool.

He sighed, "Don't say that. I'm dying in exile here. Would you so happen to be free to meet up?" He asked.

"That's exactly what I hoped you'd say! Text me a place and I'll meet up with you now if you have the time." I told Adam. What Connor had said made me really interested in what this jerk of a guy was up to.