8

I woke up the next morning, Newt was still asleep, I sighed, got out bed, got dressed, packed, grabbed my wand, slid it into my boot, and left him a note saying that I had left for America to be there for my mother. Then I left, but not after taking Penelope because like Pickett who goes everywhere with Newt, Penelope went with me everywhere.

~Newt's pov~

I woke up in bed alone, well not really because her Kneazle was laying on her side of the bed, I yawned, sat up, and looked around the room. I found a note on my bedside table.

Newt,

I've gone back to America to be with my mother, I'll be back once she's better, and I've taken Pen with me...I love you.

-Y/n

I sighed as I folded the note and got out of bed, I got dressed and went downstairs to feed the creatures. I stood there thinking about her, 'I wonder if she's okay...' I sighed, as Pickett crawled out of my pocket and looked at me, "I miss her Pick..." I told him as he trilled at me, "I know...you miss your mate too..." I smiled as he chittered at me, "no we can't do that...I don't want her to worry about our creature if I go to her..." I told him as he crossed his arms.

I fed the Fire Crabs, the Runespoors, the Sphinxes, the Unicorn, the Horned Serpent, the Hodag, the Wampus Cat, the Streelers, the Gnomes, the Doxys that nearly bit me but I dodged it, I fed the Sallygaster, fed the Acromantula's, 'I need to go se...

I fed the Fire Crabs, the Runespoors, the Sphinxes, the Unicorn, the Horned Serpent, the Hodag, the Wampus Cat, the Streelers, the Gnomes, the Doxys that nearly bit me but I dodged it, I fed the Sallygaster, fed the Acromantula's, 'I need to go see Aragog with Hagrid...' I thought as I walked away from the pen filled with the Acromantuala's (don't know if Hagrid was even thought of at the time but I am the author and what I type goes!). I walked over to the Knarls and fed them.

I sat down, I rested my head on the back of my hand and looked at Pickett. "You wanna go somewhere Pick? Take our minds off our girls for a little..." I suggested as he nodded and I smiled, "we're gonna go visit an old friend" I told him as he climbed into my pocket and I disapparated to Hogwarts, I walked across the long bridge and was met by McGonagall, "hello professor" I looked down, I had a problem with looking people in the eye for some reason. Y/n is the only one who I can look in the eye, "Newt! It's so good to see you" she pulled me in for a hug which I returned, "I came to see Hagrid..." I told her, she then took me to Hagrid's place, I knocked on the door, "'Ello Newt! What brings you here?" he asked as he pulled me into a tight hug. "Y/n is away in America to check on her mother...I had already fed my creatures...and I grew bored...oh! I brought an old friend" I smiled as I reached into my pocket and pulled Pickett out, "'Ello there Pickett! How've you been?" he asked as Pickett trilled at him. "How are you doing Fang?" I asked his dog as it barked at me and I smiled, we sat in his hut talking about whatever we could, I showed him my Niffler who went with me everywhere because I didn't trust him alone at the house. "Oh! That reminds me...I need to go feed Buckbeak" he got up, "Buckbeak?" I cocked my head to the side, "he's a Hippogriff" he told me as my mouth grew into a smile "can I come with?" I asked him, "of course! You know what to do so he won't attack right?" he cocked an eyebrow as I nodded.

I followed him through the woods and to a clearing. There stood a Hippogriff. "Wow..." I whispered as I slowly approached it and then bowed my head.

It walked up to me, sniffed me, and then bowed its head

It walked up to me, sniffed me, and then bowed its head. I slowly approached it and began to pet it. "He's beautiful Hagrid," I told my friend, after a few more hours, I went home, and I checked the mail. There was a letter for me from someone I didn't know.

Newt

I'm Y/n's sister/brother, you don't know me but we need your help! I went to go pick up Y/n, she never got off the boat...we don't know where she is! She sent me a letter saying that she was on the boat...but she never got off! Please, come to America, I need your help! We live in New York.

-Y/S/B/N (your sister or brothers name)

I quickly packed up, put the Nifflers in the case, and then left.