20

Then there was a knock on the door, "Y/n? You in there?" asked my father as we quickly moved away from each other, "yeah!" I replied dad walked in, "how are you?" he asked as he hugged me, "I'm fine...I'm gonna go see Katrina" I smiled as I walked out of the room.

~Newt's pov~

Her father turned to leave, "Uh...c-can I ask something?" I asked looking at the ground and putting my case down, her father turned and looked at me. "What?" he cocked his head to the side, "I-I was wondering if I could have you b-blessing..." I stuttered because I was nervous, her father was already intimidating as it was, "my blessing? For what?" he was confused, then I pulled out the black velvet box from my pocket and her father then pieced it together. He chuckled, "tell you what...if you can give me four reasons why I should do it, look me in the eye, and promise to make her happy before you two leave, then you can have my blessing." he smiled as he turned, "I love her, she loves me, we make each other happy, she's a great help with my creatures, and there's no one else in the world I'd like to be other than her..." I told him as he looked at me, "there's the four reasons..." he said, I struggled to look him in the eyes, "I promise to keep Y/n safe, to love her until the end of time, and to make her happy" I told him as he smirked, "you have my blessing" he told me as I gave a sigh of relief and instantly looked back down at the floor. "T-Thank you" I held out my hand, he then shook my hand and walked off.

I walked downstairs where Y/n, her sister/brother, mother, father, and niece were at

I walked downstairs where Y/n, her sister/brother, mother, father, and niece were at. She looked at me with a smile, I took a deep breath, 'you can do this Newt...you can do this...' I looked at the family, I opened my mouth about to say something, and then the nerves got the best of me and I shut my mouth and walked back upstairs. 'Why did you do that?!' I mentally yelled, I cleared my throat, stilled my breathing, walked back downstairs, and cleared my through once more. Everyone turned their attention to me.

Be with me whenever you can.
Love me for what I am.

Convince me when I am in doubt.
Give me hope when I seem without.

Respect me, show me you care.
Stand by me, always be there.

Forgive me if I should do wrong.
Caress me when nights seem so long.

Assure me, allay my fears.
Be faithful throughout the years.

Trust me as I will trust you.
Encourage my dreams my life through.

Be with me whenever you can.
Love me for what I am." I spoke as I looked at Y/n, she blushed and then giggled. "He's always reciting poetry" she told her mother as he mother smiled. I grabbed her hand and pulled her up off the couch. She blushed again, "Newt?" she asked as I placed a hand on her cheek and stared into her beautiful eyes.

"If I could dream
The dream I wanted to,
I would close my eyes,
And dream a dream for you.

I would give you all the world,
That you are deserving of,
And to you I would give
My everlasting love.

I would see to it
That you were never sad
And nothing in your life
Would ever happen bad.

I would wish for you
All things would go your way,
And you would always be happy,
Each and every day.

In my dream
You would stay
Just as beautiful
As you are today.

Life for you would be as perfect
As the blueness of the sky,
And no one would ever hurt you,
Or ever make you cry.

I know it's just a dream,
But if dreams could come true,
I would close my eyes
And dream a dream for you." I whispered as I started to kneel down. She covered her mouth, "which is why I ask you...to marry me" I whispered as tears streamed down her face, "yes!" she spoke as I smiled. I put the ring on her finger, got up, hugged her tightly and spun her around. "I love you..." I whispered as she chuckled. "I love you too Newt" she wiped her eyes, then she laughed as Pickett crawled out of my breast pocket and began to sing the wedding march tune.