Chapter 45

~At The Hospital~

<Tiana's P.O.V>

I felt horrible,physically, I couldn't barely move due to all my severe injuries. The doctor said that I had a broken leg, a broken rib, and I had severe scaring on certain parts of my body. When I was finally calmed down Joyner came back in the room and sat next to me.

"Hey Ti, I wanted to check up on you...again. I'm sorry for everything my brother put you through"

I slightly smiled and turned my head towards him "Thank you Joyner and let's not talk about Chris right now ok?"

He nodded "Alright"

He then grabbed my hand gently and put his head down then I heard him whispering to himself.

"Joyner what are you doing?"

"I'm making a quick prayer for you, I just wanted to make sure you were spiritually protected"

I was shocked to hear him say this. I let him finish his prayer then he got up getting ready to leave.

"Joyner?"

He turned "Yeah?"

"Thank you for coming back, today has been real rough for me"

Joyner walked back over to me "I'm always gonna be there for you, you're like a little sister to me"

As he said this he smiled then walked out the room. Then I thought to myself what I was gonna do after I leave the hospital. Imma have Joyner get my things from Chris house and I'm gonna move back to Virginia. I'm officially done with Chris for good.

~2 weeks later~

So today I'm finally going to be discharged from the hospital. But the sad thing is that I'm not gonna be able to leave California because of the condition that I'm in. It's gonna take a few months for my body to properly heal.

I asked Joyner if I could stay at his house for a few months but he refused. Not in a rude way but he said it wouldn't be a good idea because he's never home and I needed 24 hour care. The only person I knew in Cali was him and Chris but I didn't want to stay with him.

But Joyner took it upon himself to tell Chris to pick me up from the hospital so I just had to wait. A couple minutes went by and I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in" I said dryly.

Chris walked in and he looked different. He looked so drained, he his beard grew, and he had dark bags under his eyes.

"H-Hey ....are you ready?

I nodded. Then Chris helped me off the bed and put me in the wheelchair. I winced a little because certain parts of my body still hurt.

Chris looked at me concerned "Are you ok?"

"I'm fine, just take me home" I said with an attitude.

He rolled me out the hospital and we went straight to his car. Chris helped me inside the car and after that we drove off. There was an awkward silence that lingered in the car. I can't believe I was going home with this man.

Then he broke the silence " Tiana...I just wanna say.... I'm not gonna bother you.... I'm just gonna make sure you're ok for these couple of months that you're staying with me."

"Thanks" I said lowly.

He nodded while still keeping his eyes on the road.

As minutes went by we finally arrived to Chris house, he helped me out the car and brought me inside.