1- Beginning

We're currently celebrating my 14th birthday and my parents seemed nervous as I smiled. We were in the house until my grandma spoke.

"Dear (Y/n)." "Yes grandmother?" She smiled and spoke.

"I believe it's time for your gifts." I smiled and spoke. "Really? This early?" "Well it is a year before you become a trainer, right? You should hurry and open them. But be careful." I smiled and nodded. I looked at the pile and the wild Pokémon here were confused. They were waiting back and my mom smiled. My three best friends are here and waiting.

"Oh! Open mine first!" "No mine!" The twins, Hinami and Izumi cheered and I smiled. The other friend, Zaria, smiled.

"Actually, this is the first one we want her to pay attention to." I was confused and looked at mom. She handed me something and spoke.

"I believe it's time for this." It was a large spherical shaped container and I was confused.

"Go on and unwrap it." I took it and opened it slowly. I saw an egg inside and I was surprised. I stared and smiled. "It's an incubator with an egg inside!" I cheered and mom nodded.

"Your father and I decided it was time for you to raise your own Pokémon since we've seen how good you are with your wild friends." I smiled and they were confused. They stared at it and I smiled.

"Thank you mother and father! But what egg is it?" They laughed and dad pat my head. "You'll just have to learn." I smiled and nodded. I kept the egg next to me and I was careful. I opened about 50 other gifts and they all smiled.

I got some things to learn how to be a good trainer, items for Pokémon, and some things for me. I was so happy and smiled. I smiled and the four of us went on the Pokémon play area. It had a mini waterfall and pond for water types. The ones that couldn't leave the water looked at me and I smiled. I pat their heads and fed everyone with my friends. We had a mini forest and exercise/play area for Pokémon and us.

Hinami's favorite of everyone here is the prankster, Phantump. Izumi loves the nervous Scatterbug. Zaria's favorite is the friendly Helioptile. I smiled and never really had a favorite of all of the wild Pokémon. The ones that they love do love them too. I smiled and stared at the egg.

"I wonder who it'll be." I mumbled and Zaria nodded and cheered. "I'm super curious!" She cheered and I smiled. We went in my room when it started getting dark.

We smiled and got the books about what kids who turn 10 do. We looked at the gym leaders and smiled. "Oh wow! And look at these badges!" Hinami cheered and I smiled. "They do look pretty. But can we only do this...?" I mumbled and we continued until Izumi cheered.

"Cute! Look at these ribbons!" We looked and she smiled. "They're really pretty!" She cheered and we read what happened.

"Let's see... Called the Pokémon Showcase. Trainer and Pokémon dance together on a stage and the audience watching decide who wins the ribbon. There's two sections. One that decides who moves on to get the ribbon, and one that decides who gets the ribbon. All six Pokémon are allowed on stage. The first section is known as Themes. There is five different themes, one chosen for each showcase. The themes are Poképuff Baking, Rhyhorn Herding, Poképuff Performing, Pokémon Quiz, and Pokémon Styling." I read and Izumi got nervous.

"Ah..." She mumbled and I smiled. "What's wrong?" "It just... those are so pretty, but performing in front of an audience..." I smiled and spoke. "It sounds amazing! Oh! But I want to be a trainer and a performer!" I was conflicted and Zaria smiled.

"I just want to make a happy place for Pokémon to come by. I basically want a daycare like my grandparents but just for wild Pokémon." We smiled and nodded. "I want to collect badges." Hinami said and Izumi was nervous but spoke.