Chapter 22

Rather than take it slow and ease into their relationship, Coco and Roxy jumped right back in full force. Within a week of her return to Santo Padre, they were looking at houses for the four of them and Coco was added to the list at Mateo's school.

"There's a great yard," the realtor pointed out. "Do you have kids or pets?"

"Two kids," Coco said, "No pets."

"Well," Roxy interrupted with a guilty smile, "I may have promised Teo a dog or cat when we moved into our new place."

"Rox," Coco groaned.

"We were up north," she explained.

"Let's hope he picks a cat," he remarked. "You like it?"

"I do," Roxy smiled and nodded excitedly. It was gorgeous, especially for the price, and she could see them there as a family.

"Alright," he chuckled, "Whatever my girl wants."

The realtor smiled and clapped her hands twice. "Let's start the paperwork."

After the long lunch, Coco and Roxy returned to the clubhouse to celebrate. Coco poured them each a shot and, after whispering a toast, downed the drink in one gulp.

"They're kind of cute," Gilly remarked.

"Shut up," Angel said, slightly envious of the happy couple.

"You getting paid to drink?" Bishop asked, only half joking, as he and Tranq joined the rest of the group in the clubhouse.

"It's our lunch break," Roxy said quickly. "Besides, we found a place, we wanted to celebrate.

Bishop smiled at that and nodded. "Congratulations. Now get back to work," he laughed, gesturing out toward the yard.

"Okay, I'll just shop for new furniture online," she teased.

As Coco and Roxanna went on their way, Bishop stopped Coco and hugged him. "Congratulations. I'm happy for you guys."

"Thanks Bish," Coco smiled shyly.

"Take the afternoon," he offered. "I'll put Chucky in the office. Rox won't be doing shit today, I know it."

Coco chuckled and nodded, shaking his President's hand, and headed out to tell Roxy. The midday sun blinded him as he set foot outside but he heard panic in Roxy's voice.

"Johnny, we gotta go. Now."

"What happened?" He asked, blocking the sun from his eyes to see Roxy with wide, teary eyes looking at him in desperation.

"It's Teo. He fell at school, th-they had to call an ambulance," she said.

Coco snapped into action. Grabbing her hand he pulled her toward his bike and sped her off toward the hospital.

When they arrived, the principal was in the ER waiting room after having accompanied Mateo on the ride.

"What happened?" Roxy asked angrily. "What happened to my son?!"

"Miss Teller," the principal tried to calm her, "Your son is going to be fine."

"No thanks to you," she snapped. "What the fuck happened?"

Coco stood a few steps behind her, watching proudly as she dealt with him.

"Mateo got away during gym, got up to the top of the climbing bars and lost his grip," the principal explained shamefully.

"He got away?" She scoffed. "Someone wasn't paying attention to him in a gym full of potentially dangerous shit."

"I understand your upset," he said.