Chapter 28

Roxy didn't go to bed that night. First, she sat at the same spot Marcus had and silently panicked then busied herself with scrubbing, wiping, washing and cleaning everything she could.

"Hey," Happy grumbled as he walked into the kitchen from the yard.

Looking up, locks of hair in her face sticking to her sweaty forehead, Roxy's expression showed her surprise. "You were not the one I expected to see first this morning."

"Your lawn isn't the most comfortable place to sleep," he complained.

Roxy rolled her eyes. "Coffee?"

"Nah," he sighed. Happy yawned and sat down in the exact spot Marcus and Roxy had earlier, sending a chill down he spine. "Why you stressed?"

"What?"

He laughed. "Bleach and shit means a Teller woman is stressed."

Roxy laughed and nodded. "That is true."

"So what is it?"

Hesitating, she shook her head. "Honestly, Hap, I don't know if I can talk about it with you. We're not exactly as close as we used to be."

"That means it's about that skinny prick," Happy grumbled.

"Actually, no," she flashed him a smug grin. "Things have been contentious for a while now Hap."

"You left."

"Are you serious?" She huffed. "My family was decimated. You guys were fucking messes and let's be real, it didn't exactly feel safe after the shit Jax pulled."

"You were never at risk," he snapped.

"Whatever," she curled her fingers into fists. "This is a prime example of why I won't confide in you."

"I won't say shit," he told her. "I swear."

"It doesn't matter," she shook her head.

"Rox," he huffed.

"Hap," she snapped back.

"Is it Marcus?" He asked ominously.

She drew her head back. "Why would you ask that?"

"He was eyeing me up last night," Happy recalled, "Like we haven't been doing business for twenty fucking years."

"He knows," she sounded so defeated.

"He knows?" Happy asked incredulously. "About?"

"Our son," she whimpered.

"Fuck," he growled. "What's this mean?"

Roxy shrugged. "He didn't say. I think he's just gonna pretend like he doesn't know? He said he loves Mateo."

"And SAMCRO?"

"Who gives a shit?" She snapped.

"I give a shit," he stood up and glared at her.

"It doesn't change anything," she admitted. "I worried about it too but shit, Hap. Just once put something above the club even if just for a second."

Happy rolled his eyes and pulled a pack of cigarettes from his jeans.

"Uh. No."

"Huh?" He looked up at her and remembered the party was his last chance to indulge. "Aw shit."

"Listen, just cause Marcus knows doesn't mean I want Mateo to know," she told him. "I know you don't want to be a dad, that's great, just keep it that way. It's taken a while for Coco to open up to me, let alone Mateo, I don't need anything shaking up the relationship they're building."

"I don't want a kid."

Despite what she said, it hurt to hear the biological father of her son say he wanted nothing to do with their child.

Swallowing hard, Roxy nodded. "Alright. Good."

"Chibs and Tig know," Happy shrugged. "Had to tell em' before we came down. Can't be gone for six months without a reason."

"Shit," she grumbled. "I didn't want people to know, not just Mateo, I didn't want anyone to know."

"Sorry," he said knowing he should not because he was actually sorry for anything.

"Mommy?" Mateo stumbled sleepily into the kitchen. "I want chocolate waffles!"

Roxy cracked a smile. "Of course baby."

"Hey man," Happy said, watching the kid climbed up to the table. "Have fun at your party?"

"Yeah," he smiled excitedly.

"You should go," Roxy said abruptly.

"Go? I live here."

"You have your own kitchen," she reminded him. "A whole nice apartment over the garage, in-law suite," she crossed her arms. "Go home, Happy."

Just a shortie! Sorry for the wait! Xoxoxo
Follow me on Instagram PBB_Writer!