//6 - "Like what you see?"//

I'm tapped awake and although my eyes have trouble opening, I squint at the light and see Jimin sitting up beside me. His bruise looks a bit worse than before and I really want to ask him what happened, but I don't want to bother or annoy him. It's a very sensitive subject, it seems.

"Let's hurry, we have about an hour to get washed up and presentable for the guests," he says as he gets up, limping out and towards the others who are outside of their cages as well. I softly grunt as I get up and join them, curious as to how we are going to get cleaned up. It'd be nice if we could shower, but I doubt they'd let us. There's probably another way.

It was fucking awful. My skin is burning red and it still stings even though it has been 15 minutes. I was right about them not letting us use the showers. Instead, those motherfuckers hosed us down like fucking animals. At first, I didn't really feel anything due to the initial shock of the cold spray, but it soon washed over and it felt like the water was stabbing me like tiny needles.

I'm now waiting by my cage for Jimin, who is currently suffering through the 'shower' and the only thing I'm thinking about now is what will happen tonight. Surely someone is going to buy me, right? But whether they are a good or bad person, who knows. I just hope someone good buys Jimin, Wooyoung too. Even though I haven't made conversation with the others, I still wish them luck too. Maybe something good will result from this for some of them. I have to be optimistic somehow.

I see Jimin waddling towards me, his pinkish arms slightly outwards as it hurts to move them. I'm glad I'm past that stage by now. He sighs as he stands next to me.

"Now we wait."

"Now we wait. By the way, did you and Wooyoung get along well?"

"Yea definitely. He's really nice, I like him."

He hums and looks forward, shuffling his wet feet. "I'm scared, but I'm also kinda relieved."

I tilt my head. "How so?"

He bites his lip. "Relieved that I'm finally leaving this shithole, but scared that wherever I go, it will be far worse than here."

I understand that completely since I'm worried about the same thing too. I purse my lips and gently grab his small hand in mine. I smile at him once he looks at me.

"I'm sure someone nice is out there. You know, there are people who attend these things to rescue people like us and give them their freedom back?"

"I know. But what's the likelihood of that happening to any of us?" He sounds so dejected that I don't know how to respond. I don't want to get his hopes up just in case, but I don't want him to think his whole life is completely over. We're interrupted by Seungri and he gathers everyone up in the middle of the room. He then leads us to a small area connected to the auction room that's hidden behind a white door. None of us talk to each other the entire time, but me and Jimin still hold hands as one by one, we are taken into the large room after we're called out.

     Each time, I hear whistles and shouts, making my stomach churn despite not eating at all since being here. Holy fuck, I didn't even realize that until now.

     Some guy named Baekhyun gets called and soon after, it is Wooyoung's turn and he spares us a small glance before he's walked out. Now it's just me and Jimin, both of us refusing to let go of each other's hand. I will never get to see him again and it makes me so sad. I wish we could escape together, but I know we would get killed the second we even tried.