//34 - "She left me for another man"//

Jin continues to watch him play, too mesmerized by him that it takes him awhile to notice that Yoongi keeps glancing over at him every few notes. He suddenly just stops altogether, his fingertips still placed delicately over the keys.

     "I'm such a shitty person, Jin. I don't deserve you at all after everything I have done to you."

     Jin is taken aback. "Yoongi, I know I really shouldn't, but I forgive you."

     "No. It can not be that simple. I abused you, verbally and physically, I can't imagine how bad mentally. I took your freedom away and I made you break up with Jungkook because of my own selfishness. He made you happy, I guess I was just super jealous that he did that for you. I really can't believe I did the same thing as her."

     Jin cautiously takes Yoongi's hand and he lets him despite fighting back the tears that the small gesture has caused. "The girl from the café?"

     "Yea, my ex, Irene. I never thought I'd see her again and I seriously hoped I wouldn't either," he says softly, the memories he kept hidden away in the back of his mind slowly begin to resurface, each moment he had with her bringing more bitterness to his heart.

     "What happened, if you don't mind me asking?"

     Yoongi looks down at his beloved piano and sighs quietly. "She left me for another man."

     Yoongi gazes happily at the gleaming diamond staring back at him, tucked securely inside the red velvet box. It will be his and Irene's anniversary tomorrow and after being with her for five years now, to him it feels right to finally ask for her hand.

     He clearly remembers the first time he ever laid eyes on her.

     She had walked into the company after seeing a hiring ad for the CEO's secretary position. She was dressed sharply to set a good first impression, a grey pencil skirt slightly above the knee and a nice blouse that emphasized her delicate frame. Her looks enchanted many there and of course, she had also caught his attention as well.

     And as much as they attempted to keep things professional between them, the attraction was inevitable.

     There's so many qualities to her that he really loves—she's determined, a hard worker, gentle, beautiful, loving, the list goes on for him. He's never felt this way before about anyone and he's glad that he fell for a woman like her.

     He finishes up some final notes on some new contracts before switching off his computer and grabbing his jacket, his keys and wallet in hand.

     His nerves are buzzing, his heart is thumping aggressively in his chest. He's really doing this and he can't help but worry about her answer. He loves her and would do anything for her, nothing is too much. 

     He plans on surprising her tomorrow with her favorite breakfast, informing her that they have the day off, and he would make her feel like a queen. He has so many activities planned for the entire day.

     And in the evening, he's going to take her to the fancy new restaurant that just opened, the reservation already set, and there he would pop the question.

     He pulls up into his driveway and sees that their bedroom and living room lights are on. It's really late, he had told her to not wait up for him, worried that she wasn't getting enough sleep like he wanted her to. He even let her off work early so she can be well rested for the following day.

     He switches off his car and stays seated inside, biting his nails. Everything will be just fine, right? He just has to act normal so she wouldn't catch on. He'd hate to ruin the moment himself.