//32 - "You're too beautiful"//

[JIN]

     The next morning, I wake up to the shrill sound of the smoke alarm and the smell of something burning. What the..? I stumble out of bed, tripping over my covers, and run towards Yoongi's room only to find it empty. Where is he? Did he leave me behind? What the fuck is going on?

     I go downstairs, skipping steps, and run towards the kitchen where the smoke is clearly coming from, wafting from under the door. I barge in through the push door, the force causing it to swing open completely and now I know where Yoongi is. I eye him as he panics and frantically fans some smoke out through an opened window. I hurry over to him and help him remove the smoking pan from the stove while he opens as many windows in the kitchen as he can. Once the smoke clears out and the alarm finally shuts off, I raise my eyebrows at him with my arms crossed, lips pursed.

     Yoongi just peers down at his feet timidly, avoiding eye contact with me. I've honestly never seen him like this. "I, um, I tried to make breakfast."

     I finally take a glance over the whole kitchen and oh my god, it's a fucking mess. There's some cracked eggs on the counter and floor, there's a small cooking oil spill by the fridge, where it's not even supposed to be, and in the black pan that's still sizzling, there's pieces of bacon burned to a crisp, resembling charcoal. I look back at him and notice his ears turn crimson from embarrassment and I can tell he's biting the inside of his cheek.

The Min Yoongi, shy and embarrassed over failing to cook a simple meal.

     "Oh my god," I erupt in laughter, bending over and wrapping my arms around my stomach as it begins to ache after a few minutes. Yoongi bites his lip and looks away, me laughing at him most likely not even helping the situation. I can't help it though, the image I have of him running around in the kitchen is too cartoonish.

I hear him mutter under his breath, "please stop laughing at me." I slightly feel bad and my giggles die down slowly.

Wiping tears away, I stand back up straight and lean against a clean patch of the marble counter. "Why didn't you wake me up?"

Yoongi sighs sharply and goes to lean on the island across from me but his hand slips as he accidentally touches a raw egg he had dropped. He grimaces as lifts his hand in disgust and I snort, approaching him with a damp cloth.

"I wanted to surprise you with breakfast in bed, but it's been a hot minute since I've cooked by myself. I'm sorry for waking you up like this," he admits softly, watching me as I clean his hand.

I shake my head and smile sympathetically. "You tried, that's what matters. Let's clean up and we'll make breakfast together, ok?"

Yoongi nods and begins to mop the spill while I clean the counter with a sponge and cloth. Once the kitchen is back to how it used to be, I duck my head in the fridge to see what we have left and to my shock, there's absolutely nothing of use. How? I guess I can't be so surprised since we have yet to go grocery shopping, but I could've sworn there was enough to last until the end of the week. Only two days shy of it but still.

I puff out my cheeks, sighing. "So, bad news. We don't have any more ingredients to make anything."

"Really?"

Closing the fridge door, I face him. "How did you not notice?"

Yoongi pouts and tilts his head. I can't help but think he looks adorable like that, he kind of reminds me of a kitty. "Not gonna lie, I grabbed blindly. I didn't know I used up everything."

"More like wasted everything," I reply playfully and Yoongi scrunches up his nose, an offended expression on his face.

     "Let's go out to eat then," Yoongi proposes and walks out of the kitchen, leaving me behind looking confused. He wants to take me out? The thought of going out normally is... weird. It's been a long time since I've gone out to eat at a restaurant because I've always ended up cooking and staying at home.

I follow him and he's already pulling a deep blue hoodie over his head and slipping on his low top vans. I look down at myself and I blush, forgetting what I ended up going to sleep in last night. After all, it was a tough night so I didn't care really. I'm in a long t shirt and black briefs so yea, no way I'm going out like this. Besides, it's fucking cold out there.

"I'm gonna go change then," I mumble softly and I guess he takes a better look at me this time too. I want to say that I see a pinkish tint flush his cheeks, but I could just be imagining things.

I run back upstairs and change into black jeans, a fluffy, white long sleeved sweater and a black jacket. I mess with my hair a little, parting my bangs to the side, exposing my forehead. I don't want to keep Yoongi waiting any longer so I hurry back to the living room and I find him in different clothes than before.

     He's wearing a black turtle neck, a long black winter wool jacket and black jeans. Is that the only color in his wardrobe? I mean, I'm not complaining since he's looks really good in it. Wait, is he wearing glasses?

     He smiles at me, still a rare thing for me, and he stretches out his hand towards me. "Only if you want to. I just really want to hold your hand." (🎶I wanna hold your hand🎶)

I look down shyly and nod, entangling my fingers with his. From the corner of my eye, I can see him biting back a smile as we walk to his car. He opens the door for me before slipping into the driver's seat and starting up the car. Within minutes, we pull out of the driveway and the car finally warms up completely.

"Where do you want to go?" He asks once we get to a stoplight, peeking over at me. I shrug, not knowing what I'm in the mood for. Honestly, anywhere will do as long as it isn't expensive. I don't want him to pay too much for me.

"There's this café I go to sometimes. The food is really good, if you want to go there."

"Sure, sounds good."

We park by the sidewalk and I slip out of the car, waiting for Yoongi. He waits until there's no cars passing by and he gets out as well, joining me in seconds. We walk the rest of the way to the café and I don't know, I kinda miss holding his hand. I hope he doesn't mind. I reach over. "Is this ok?"

"Y-yea, of course," he coughs and looks away. Aw, he's so shy! I never would've imagined seeing him this way, a complete 180. I was so terrified of him before but now, he makes it hard to not want to hug him and pinch his cheeks.

He opens the door for me, letting me go in first before following. There's quite a few people here and gosh does it smell amazing. The place is a lot bigger than what I imagined it to be. There's some tables by the cashier and in the main area and to the right, there's three steps leading up to more tables and booths. It's beautifully decorated, not too over the top, and it definitely has its aesthetic.

"Where do you want to sit?"

"Mm, over there maybe?" I say, pointing to a booth next to some frames showcasing black and white photos. Still holding my hand, he leads the way and takes the seat across from me while still avoiding my eyes.

"Are you going to look at me or are you just going to avoid eye contact the whole day?" I ask boldly, deciding to tease him. He rubs the back of his head and apologizes.

"Don't be. I don't mind, as long as you don't do it creepily or for a long time," I giggle and he looks up at me, snorting.

"I just didn't want to make you uncomfortable. It's impossible not to stare at you for long. You're too beautiful."