//14 - "Is it wrong to want him so bad?"//

Friendly age notice
Jin: 20
Yoongi: 26
Namjoon: 23
Hoseok: 22
Hongseok: 25
Taehyung: 22
Jimin: 19
Jungkook: 23

"You really are an insensitive asshole, huh?"

Yoongi just sits there silently as he picks at his nails, ignoring the young male's jab of an insult. He doesn't need or want to answer to anyone, that's one of the reasons why he left his childhood home at an early age in the first place. He most certainly doesn't need to answer to Jungkook, of all people. The fact that he brought up the incident with Jin made him mad—so what about it?

"I think it's endearing how you try to tell me my wrongs. You have no right and this is my house. If I had known you'd be this bothersome, I wouldn't have invited you," he says, bringing his head back to rest on the couch cushion.

"Well maybe if you'd act like a decent human being, I wouldn't have to be on your ass constantly. The way you act shows that you don't know the first thing about respect. You treat them like they are the scum of the world, yet they could've easily been your neighbor, a classmate, hell, even someone like you and me. Their situation doesn't change anything. It doesn't change who they are."

"Sure it does. If they hadn't been so stupid and reckless, they wouldn't have been caught in the first place."

"Well what if I was one of those people, huh? What if I got kidnapped and was sold like a slave?"

Yoongi finally looks up at him and his heart tugs at Jungkook's desperation for some kind of hint that Yoongi cares, that he's capable of feeling empathy. They bicker like how siblings do, it's normal, but recently, their relationship as brothers has become rocky. Of course he loves his younger brother, but his temper and impatience get the better of him. He has trouble controlling his emotions. Yoongi sighs and rubs his eyes.

"You're right, I'm sorry Kookie. I'll try to better myself, alright?"

Jungkook doesn't look quite convinced since he always says that but he lets it go, not wanting to start another argument with him. He's too tired for that.

"Look, it's getting late. Why don't you stay the night in the guest room and you can leave tomorrow morning. Hongseok will show you to the room. If you need anything, let me know."

Jungkook smiles at his brother, who is now acting a little bit like his old self. Back when they were as tight as a stubborn nail on wood, close like bread and butter. Back then before meeting her. He admires him this way and he just wishes Yoongi would keep his word and get counseling, not only for his anger but for his other issues. As long as he works on himself, maybe the idea of having Jin and the others wouldn't be so bad. If he treats them kindly, not to the extent of Tae and Jimin, but just better than now, maybe he'd leave him be. It's still wrong, but he can't control Yoongi no matter how much he wants to.

Jungkook bids him goodnight and leaves, following Hongseok to the guest room. The whole time, he wonders what the younger is doing right now. Perhaps he's getting ready for bed, brushing his teeth, taking a bath, or maybe he's already asleep. He doesn't know, but he just wishes Jin sweet dreams. Selfishly, he hopes that maybe Jin will dream of him, but he knows that it's impossible since they don't know each other at all and they haven't talked long enough for that to even remotely happen.

He strips himself of his clothes, leaving only his briefs on and slides into bed. He lays there, pillowing his head with his arms and looking up at the ceiling which is illuminated by the moonlight peeking through the curtain of the sliding doors. He inhales and exhales a deep breath.