PART 1

Hey!!!! I hope you like my story!

Ignore my mistakes :p

But if you feel like it, you can help me by correcting them... As long as you do it politely :)

Thanks for reading!!!!!

I hope you like the first chapter!!!! :)

~~

 #It's ok to love them both... I did...

PART 1

For me, this exchange program was the experience of a lifetime! I've only been twice out of Bayfield, where I live, and when the principal announced me that I was one of the students who were chosen for the program I was more than excited! I loved travelling!

Two days later, my English teacher met me at the airport and gave me my ticket for San Diego, California. Oh my... California was like Wonderland to me! The sun and the sea...

Yes, I always was a hopeless dreamer and romantic and all.

While waiting for a taxi to take me to the Browns' house (where I was going to stay) I grabbed the chance and examined the landscape around me. There were palm trees dividing the lanes. My eyes travelled to the sea. The bright sun made it look like it was made by tiny sapphires. I, then, observed the light blue, morning sky. Everything matched just perfectly making a beautiful, summer scenery even though it was March. I smiled. I could so get used to it!

"Miss Duncan?" a voice called.

I turned around and faced a man, frowning.

"I am the taxi driver. Can I help you with your luggage?"

I grinned. "Yes, thank you sir!"

Arriving at the Browns' house, my heart was bouncing. I was really nervous!

"Here we are," the driver said.

I looked at their house and my jaw hit the pavement. Seriously?! This is not what you call a regular house. It was huge! It was surrounded by garden with dozens of flowers and other plants in it. I then observed the building. Half of the front wall was covered by ivy. I always found that beautiful. Another thing that caught my attention was that there were many windows. Especially dormers. I always liked sitting next to them listening to music. Bad thing my house didn't have many.

Enough with the daydreaming. Time to get in.

Before knocking on the door of the mansion,  I reminded myself of THE RULE one last time.

"DO NOT FALL IN LOVE".

You see, this exchange program was going to last for three weeks and I couldn't take a second heartbreak within one month.

I took a deep breath and rang the bell. A blond woman around forty opened the door. She gave me a huge, warm smile.

"You must be Shay," she said cheerfully.

"Yes," I said smiling back.

"I am Lisa Brown, Lindsay's mother, nice to meet you, honey! Come in."

I grabbed my suitcase and followed her upstairs. I really liked the house. It was huge but cozy. When Lisa opened the door of "my" bedroom, my eyes widened at his size; Gosh, it was huge. The deep purple walls were almost fully covered by pictures of a blond girl and her cheerleading squad at local and international competitions. The queen-size bed was framed by a lake covered with glass. Opposite to the bed there was a plasma TV. I sighed in delight.