Part 3||Chapter 5

2 weeks later...
I held my phone to my ear as it rung twice before Elijah's voice boomed through the phone.
"Yoooooo" He said into the phone. Jada pulled the phone from her ear and looked at it.
"Elijah don't play with me" Jada said calmly. He chuckled.
"I'm just fucking with you, you ok?" He asked with a slight chuckle.
"Yes I'm fine, I'm invited Liza to the baby shower and I don't care what you gotta say" Jada said as she flicked through the channels.
"Ok I don't care. I lowkey wanted her to come anyway, it's gonna be her first time being an aunt and plus I gotta talk to her anyway" he said. Jada nodded.
"Wow your more understanding than I thought, ohh and I'm also inviting Lisa" Jada said.

"WHAT? Jada no! She's not fucking coming so that's a dead issue." He yelled.
"Why not! She's your mother" Jada yelled.
"Because I said so! And she's not my fucking mother, she's an egg donor" he harshly said. Jada sucked her teeth.
"You're so fucking rude I swear" Jada said as she rolled her eyes:
"I don't give a fuck, I'll be rude when it comes to that broad, she's not coming so don't even play yourself Jada" he warned.
"Ok damn!"Jada yelled. The line grew quiet.
"You still there?" He calmly asked.
"No I hung up!" Jada said sarcastically. She was annoyed.
"Calm down before you run your blood pressure up" he said. Jada rolled her eyes as if he could see her.
"I'm about to hang up" she said lowly.
"Why? I pissed you off or something?" He asked.

"Yea...She texted me earlier out of the blue and asked if she was invited. Now I'm suppose to tell her no and hurt her feelings?" Jada said. It was silence.
"She asked to come?" Elijah asked sounding surprised.
"Yes...She asked when was the baby shower, than she said if she was allowed to come. She wanted me to run it by you first to make sure it was ok" Jada said. Elijah was quiet.
"Ok...She can come...if she asked than ok I'm fine with her coming. I thought you was just trying to invite her out of the blue, I've invited her plenty of times to meet me for lunch when I was in Texas, I even try to call her and she would never return my calls so I was just like fuck her, she ain't want me anyway so why try hard to be apart of her life if she wasn't even putting in any effort to be in mine ." He said. Jada nodded.

"I'm sorry she made you feel like that, maybe you two can sit down and talk. Give her another chance, but if she fucks up again than just say fuck it. At least you tried. I love you so much Elijah you know that right" Jada said. Elijah smiled.
"Yes I know you love a nigga. I love you too...I want a relationship with her but I don't think she wants the same. I think she just wanted me to know that Sharon didn't birth me." He sighed.
"I know you do...she gets one more chance  and that's it. If she fucks up im gonna have a few words for her. She's not gonna keep hurting my baby and think it's ok" Jada said. Elijah chuckled.
"That's why I love you...imma let you get back to doing what you was doing on." He said. She smiled.
"Ok, I love you. I'll text you" She said.
"Ok baby, I love you too" He said before their lines disconnected.
***
Later that day...
Liah has been acting weird since Jigz came home, Jada thought they was on good terms but she knew it wouldn't last long because of Liah. She's was very spiteful and petty.
"Jigz staying with y'all?" Liah random asked Jada. They was currently at a ice cream shop.
"No, why?" Jada said as she tickled Amaza stomach.
"Just asking...where he stay at?" She asked resting her chin on her fist as she leaned on the table. Jada shrugged her shoulders.
"I don't know, I don't be in that nigga business. Ask him since you so worried about it" Jada said as she stuffed a spoonful of cookies and cream ice cream in her mouth. Liah just stared a hole in her cousin not liking her response.
"I just figured EJ knew..." she said.
"He probably does, that don't mean I know. Like I said that's Jigz business." Jada said looking up at Liah weirdly.
"You ready?" Liah asked her daughter as she started wiping her mouth. Jada squinted her eyes at Liah because before they got here Liah asked if she could babysit Amaza today because she had something important to do.