Part 3||Chapter 12

Elijah eyes opened and he just stared at the ceiling. At first he was unclear where he was but than he remembered. He slowly sat up on the couch.
"Good Morning" Jada lowly said as she played with JoJo's curls as she breastfeed him.
"Good Morning" He said in a groggy voice as he stretched. Elijah sniffled as he put his shirt back on.
"I'm bouta use the bathroom" he said pulling up his saggy pants as he stood up. Jada nodded.

Elijah stepped into the downstairs bathroom closing the door behind him as he released his piss. After washing his hands and freshening up he made his way back out to the living room.
"He's sleep?" Elijah asked. Jada smiled shaking her head as she looked down at her baby boy.
"Fake sleeping" Jada said smilies and gently patted his butt.

"You want him" Jada said handing him to Elijah not even waiting for an answer.
"You think you will be ok with him for an hour? I haven't taking a real shower in about a week. I can only take 2 minute showers if it's up to your son" Jada giggled as she shook her head. Her saying that made him feel bad.
"I got him. Go shower" he assured her. Jada nodded.
"Just knock if he starts acting crazy. His milk is in the fridge but he should be full." Jada said. Elijah nodded.
***
After taking a much needed shower, Jada felt so brand new. She put her earrings on and glanced at herself in the mirror.
"Jada!" She heard Elijah call from down stairs.
"Yea?" She said rushing towards the stairs thinking something was wrong.
"What happened?" Jada asked in a panic.
"He's throwing up" Elijah said as he held JoJo in his arm. Elijah had throw up running all down his shirt and arm. Jada let out a small chuckle.
"Damn he got you good. I'm glad it wasn't me this time" Jada said as she headed back upstairs.

"Wait where you going?" Elijah asked scrunching up his face from the smell of vomit.
"You giving him a bath." Jada said. Elijah watched her climb the steps before following behind her.
"Here's his bath, and here's is soap" Jada said. Elijah sighed.
"Jada....Help me." He said.
"What do you need help with? Just put soap in his bath and sit it in the tube to fill it with water. Make sure the water isn't too hot" Jada told him. He nodded as he passed JoJo to Jada.

Jada watched him and making sure the water wasn't too hot. She watched Elijah wash him up and thought it was the cutest thing ever. After bathing him and giving him a bottle he was knocked out.
"So he sleeps in here? By himself?" Elijah asked as they both stood in Jojos room.
"For naps I put him in here but at night I have him in the room beside the bed in his bassinet." She said. Elijah nodded. He kept glancing at Jada. Jada could feel him staring at her but tried to ignore it.

"I-um..." Elijah fumbled over his words. Jada glanced at him waiting for him to finish.
"I'm sorry. For not really being around to help you with JoJo. That's some fucked up shit. I would never want him to think of me as a deadbeat cause I'm not" Elijah said as he looked down at his son as he slept. Jada just stood there.

"I'm sorry...for cheating on you. I'm not gonna make an excuse for it...I did it because...I don't even know why. I guess I did it because I thought I could have my cake and eat it too. I'm sorry you had to find out the way you did. I should of been man enough and told you instead of having you look stupid. I regret it, I truly do." He said looking up at her because she was silent. Jada looked down and slowly walked away.

"Jada..." he called out as he followed Jada out of Jojos room and into theirs, well hers. Jada sat Indian style on the bed and looked ahead at nothing in particular. She was slowly trying to process everything.
"She was the same girl, from the club that sucked my-" Elijah stopped mid sentence as Jada shook her head. She let out a heavy breath.