Part 4||Chapter 17

**VOTE**

***

She quickly made her way down the slightly lit hallway before reaching his room. The door was half way open so she pushed it open and ran to his bed. Jigz automatically jumped up because he felt someone's presence.
"Daddy I'm scared!" Amaza said as he quickly picked her up. He sighed as he placed her in bed beside him.
"What I told you? Huh?" Jigz said as he looked down at her.

"There's nothing to be scared of...but I'm scared of the dark." She said.
"I thought you said you wasn't scared anymore?" He asked. Amaza didn't say anything as she rested her head on his arm.
"You gotta go to sleep ok" he said as he glanced at his phone. It was a little after 11 pm.
"Where's mommy?...I want my mommy" Amaza lowly said. Jigz froze.

"Daddy! I want mommy, where's mommy?" Amaza said as she looked up at her father. Jigz hated when she asked that. He hated it because he didn't know the answer to her questions. He hasn't seen Liah in over a month...damn near two months. At first he thought she was just doing her. But once weeks started to go by he started wondered where she was. He went by her apartment 3 weeks ago and let himself in but she wasn't home. He just figured she was still on the same shit so he didn't bother asking Jada about her.

"Daddy!" Amaza called out.
"I don't know baby...I mean, you'll see mommy soon ok. Go to sleep ok. You can go see JoJo and Aunty J tomorrow ok" Jigz said as he laid her down.
"Ok..." she lowly said but he could tell she was a little sad. She missed her mother, what child wouldn't.

"I love you...you'll see mommy soon ok" he said. She nodded as he pecked her lips.
"Ok Daddy, I love you too" She said as she turned on her side. She shut her eyes and within a few minutes she was sleep. Jigz found himself just staring at his daughter. She's been asking for Liah for a month and all he could say was you'll see mommy soon.

***

Asana Recovery Center: Costa Mesa, CA

"Tell me about your childhood..." Dr. Morris said. She was Liahs therapist. They've been talking for the past 4 weeks and Liah was now willing to open up to her. Liah sighed as she looked down at her lap.
"What exactly do you wanna know?" Liah asked.
"Whatever you're willing to share" she said. Liah looked off.

"I can't remember my childhood....it's a blur" Liah lowly said. She slightly shook her head. Dr. Morris got the hint that she didn't wanna talk about her childhood so she quickly changed the subject.

"Who's Anthony?" Dr. Morris asked. Liah quickly looked up. Liah smirked but tried to hide it. She ran her tongue over her top teeth.
"You're blushing" Dr. Morris pointed out. That caused Liah to laugh out loud. It got quiet. She twisted her mouth to the side before speaking.
"Jigz...that's what everyone calls him." Liah paused.

"He's Amaza father...he was my bestfriend...my everything...but I messed everything up" Liah said as her eyes got watery.
"How did you mess everything up" Dr. Morris asked. Liah stood up walking towards the window. She crossed her arms as she stared outside at the dark open field.

"I was unfaithful....we both was...but I fucked up." Liah coved her face as she began to cry. Her back was still to her.
"Come sit down Aaliah...don't try to hide your emotions. Just let it out" Dr. Morris told her. Liah slowly walked back over to where she was sitting. She plopped down in the seat.
"What made you become so emotional?" She asked.
"I don't know..." Liah mumbled as she wiped her eyes.