Part 4||Chapter 18

***

Elijah sat on the bed as he sent Jada a text about him killing himself. He instantly regretted it, but he knew that would worry her and make her come home. Not even a minute later she began calling and texting, but he just ignored it. After awhile it stopped. He figured she was on her way home. Minutes turned to hours, and she was still a no show. He eagerly paced back and forth. After sending a risky text like that, he would expect her to come rushing back...but she didn't and that made him feel some type of way. He basically felt like she ain't give a fuck.

***

After calling and texting him multiple times Jada decided it wasn't worth it. He wasn't worth it. She was stressing herself out over something she knew was a lie. She knew he was crazy, but she knew he wasn't crazy enough to kill himself. She knew he was just doing this because he knew she would come running back...but not this time. It was a cycle with them and Jada was tired. He tried to manipulate and control her with his words. He knew she was naive, especially for him. Who would honest tell someone that they love, that they are gonna kill themself? That's not love. Her eyes fluttered as tears fell.

***

Jada held a sleeping JoJo as she struggled to unlocked the door with her spare key. One she managed to open the door, she pushed it open with her foot before stepping inside. She locked the door behind her and flicked on the living room lights. Everything was still in place just how her and Liah left it before Liah went to rehab. Jada quickly made her way down the hall towards Liah room. She laid JoJo down on the bed before undressing him. Jada smiled down at him as he slept. She slightly giggled before kissing him repeatedly. She quickly stopped once he started to steer in his sleep.

"I love you" She whispered as she kissed him once more before covering him up with the blanket. She looked down at her phone that had 6 missed calls and 10unread messages from Elijah. She shook her head as she powered her phone off and sat it on the side table. She quickly got undress leaving her in a sports bra and underwear before getting under the blanket with JoJo. She cuddled beside him inhaling the Shea Moisture JBCO leave in she put in his hair earlier in the day. Her mind kept wondering to Elijah. She knew he was probably worried and...Jada huffed.

"Stop Jada" she mumbled to herself.
"Put yourself first...stop always trying to do what's best for Elijah and do what's best for you and JoJo" she said out loud. Jada slightly chuckled because she felt crazy for talking to herself. Her moment was quickly interrupted by the front door slamming shut. She pulled JoJo closer. She soon heard footsteps and the door slowly opened. She was scared to death until she heard a familiar voice.

"Jada" Jigz said with a confused look. Jada sucked her teeth and slapped the blanket as she let out a sigh of relief.
"Jigz! What the hell! You fucking scared me" she said as she slowly sat up. She quickly clutched the blanket to her chest because she only had a bra on. He chuckled.
"Oh shit my bad, I ain't mean to scare you...what you doing here?" He asked. She slightly rolled her eyes.
"I don't wanna be bothered by your sorry ass cousin." She said. He chuckled.
"Y'all crazy. I was just talking to him. Amaza left her doll over there and she was freaking out about it. I'll probably come by to get it tomorrow." he said. Jada giggled.

"Where is she..." Jada asked.
"With my mom" he said as he looked off.
"What are you doing here?" Jada asked.
"I come by everyday...looking for ya cousin...You heard from Liah? I ain't seen her in damn near 2 months I think." He said. He looked over at Jada who had a dumb look on her face.
"Huh?" Jada said but she clearly heard him.
"Jada..." He said. Jada playfully rolled her eyes.
"Let's talk" he said before walking away. Jada sucked her teeth as she quickly put her pants and shirt back on. She adjusted JoJos sleeping position before heading into the living room.