Chapter 1

First day of school. It's filled with geeks and freaks as usual. High school is living hell. Everyone seems to have changed so much this summer. Every girl was sluttier than usual but other than that, something has changed but I can't quite get my finger on it. 

        "Cali, hey, you're joining cheer right?", I heard a familiar voice say.

        "Oh. Yeah. Totally.", I say, trying to shift my focus onto my best friend Payton, running up to me trying to catch up with my walking pace.

        "Great. Tryouts are today.", Payte said in the most excited voice.

        "Oh yeah. I know. It's on my calendar already.", I said.

        "Really?", she said with a surprised look and tone.

        "No.", I said bluntly.

        "Cheer up. New school year, new you. Are you still up for Saturday hangouts?", Payte asked.

        "I mean, I guess. I have nothing else better to do.", I said and laughed.

        "Great! I'll see you at cheer tryouts later. Have fun in Mr. Hendersin's class.", she said jokingly.

        "Wouldn't dream of it.", I shouted as she was running in a different direction as I was walking.

        I get to class and all eyes were on me. I was late. I sit down in my seat. Four rows to the left, four seats back. I am beginning to find this seat comfortable. Mr. Hendersin couldn't stop talking about his summer. He didn't even do anything that exciting. I don't get why he is telling us this. 

        "And then my wife and I wer-", the bell rings. Thank god. "Well I guess I'll continue this story tomorrow.", Mr. Hendersin said obliviously. 

        "No."

        "Please don't."

        "Shut up please.", the whole class groaned.

        I walked to the gym where the cheer tryouts were being held and I get stopped. "Um. People who are trying out for cheer, like us," the blonde girl points at her and her friend guarding the gym's door. "can only be in there. And you don't look cheer-fit so I suggest you to just pick something else."

        "Well, I don't get why you are trying out if you have to be cheer-fit. So move aside.", I said. I walked past them and went into the gym. Everyone seemed to be crowding this girl standing on a chair that held a poster in her hand.