Chapter 4

"That was stupid.", Waverly immediately said right after we stepped out of the gym.

        "I know. Let's just join the dance team then. I mean It's basically the same thing as cheer but we don't have to wear short skirts and try to woo guys.", I said and we laughed.

        "I don't know. I was just looking forward to cheer, you know?", Waverly said. "Like hey, junior year. We are almost there. Let's just make the most of it while it lasts.

        "Yeah. Where are dance team tryouts?", I asked as Waverly ran up to the school's bulletin board.

        "In room 37?", Waverly said.

        "No, it can't be. It has to be in the gym or auditorium or something. Somewhere big.", I said.

        "Let's go check it out.", Waverly suggested, and I nodded and followed.

        We go to room 37 where it's located at the other side of the school. It was an old, small classroom that smelled like rain. This room used to be the music room and I don't know why it became the dance room. We walked in and everyone is just on they're phones sitting on the floor, lounging.

        "What are you guys doing?", I asked.

        "We couldn't get the gym because of those fucking cheerleaders. This is the second time this happened throughout all our high school years. I'm sick of it. I want to dance.", a girl said. I knew her.

        "Charity, where is the dance captain? You know the person who represents the team.", I asked.

        "It's Aleena. She's over there.", Charity points to Aleena who was knocked out on the couch.

        "Are you serious?", I asked. 

        "Cali, we need to do something. I want to tryout for at least one thing this year.", Waverly said.

       "Okay everyone. We will just have to make do. Let's just try to do this outside and let Aleena take her nap,", I said. Everyone was off their phones and outside. We stretched and I taught them a dance routine that I learn from an advanced dance class I took for a few months. Everyone seemed to have got all the moves down. We rehearsed many times. Waverly even went down to the principal's office to see if we can have a dance battle with the cheerleaders when Magcon comes to visit. I don't even know why I'm so excited to see them. I don't like them, surely.