Chapter 14

When Jack was fully awake, we decided to get some breakfast in the heart of Los Angeles. I was excited but nervous. I knew Jack was well known around here and people will see us. People like fans. I just have a feeling that something could go terribly wrong. I have been getting many death threats on Twitter.

        I snapped out of my thoughts when I felt Jack's hand touch my thigh. "You nervous?", he asked while driving to a coffee shop in LA.

        "Kinda, I guess.", I said and held his hand.

        "Why? You are so beautiful. I doubt anything bad would happen. This is a chance for you to meet fans.", he said.

        "I don't know.", I said and looked at our hands intertwined.

        "You'll be fine.", Jack said. He parked in a really full parking lot located underground of the plaza. We walked into the coffee shop and got a table together. I saw a waitress talking to another waitress, looking at Jack. Then their eyes shifted to me and they began to frown. I took Jack's hand and held it tightly when they walked towards us.

        "What? Babe, are you okay?", he asked with a little laugh.

        "What would you like to order?", the waitress asked and looked at me with this face of anger. Jack couldn't see it and let go of my hand to check the menu.

        "Just a cappuccino for me. And you, babe?", he asked. I shook my head and the waitress left. He looked at me.

        "Are you okay?", he said and took my hand again.

        "Yeah. I just don't want coffee today.", I said and smiled, hiding my feelings with this fake emotion plastered on my face. 

        "You sure?", he asked and took his phone out. I nodded and he went on Twitter. I didn't know what he was doing but my phone vibrated in my pocket and he looked at me with a warm smile. The tweet said, "Meet up at the Warm Coffee House on Sunset Blvd in an hour. Be the first ones to meet my girlfriend." I looked at him with an unsure look.

        "It will be fun. I promise.", he said.

        "Okay.", I said with a smile. A smile quickly began to form on his face. He kissed me and fans are already arriving. The waitress set the cup of coffee on the table and Jack and I shared it. We sat and talked for 30 minutes and we felt like the fans were staring us down so we decided to go outside to meet all the fans. All the fans went to Jack and I stood there. The fans spit at me and gave me dirty looks. I stood there for half an hour and I went up to Jack.

        "I'm gonna go wait in the car.", I said with my head down.

        "Babe. I'm doing this for you. Are you sure?", he asked. I nodded. He gave me the keys and he was about to kiss me but I turned around. This is the reason why I cut. I am never accepted into anything. I sat in the car for 15 minutes and fell asleep. I woke up 30 minutes later and the car was burning. It felt like an oven. I could barely breathe. I pulled out the keys and tried to turn on the ignition but my vision went black.