Chapter 23

"You need help with that?", someone asked. I looked up. It was Johnson.

        "No thanks. I'm good.", I said and rolled the suitcases to the room.

        "Where's Jack?", Johnson asked.

        "Talking to Madison.", I said and sighed quietly.

        "Are you.. jealous?", he asked.

        "Should I be?", I asked.

        "I don't know.", he said. I sighed. We got to the room and it was huge. Matt quickly jumped onto the beds that were neatly made.

        "Okay. Who is ready for some dinner?", Nash asked.

        "I am. I'm starving.", Cameron said. Everyone else agreed except me.

        "You coming, Cali?", Jacob asked. I shrugged.

        "Come on. It will be fun. You didn't eat anything on the plane.", Carter said. I sighed.

        "Please, Cali.", Aaron begged. 

        "Fine.", I said and everyone cheered. Everyone grabbed their card keys and left the hotel room. We all walked out to the elevators and I looked into the intersection of another hall. Jack and Madison were looking at each other intimately, which I was okay with. Maybe they are close friends. But then he kissed her. That's when I lost it. My eyes began to water. He said he doesn't "kiss girls for no reason." Someone grabbed my hand and I looked up to him. It was Johnson.

        "Don't worry about it.", Johnson said. I nodded and he quickly pulled me into the packed elevator. We sat at a table that is specially sectioned off from the rest of the restaurant. 

        "Wait. Where's Jack?", Sam asked. 

        "With Madison or something.", I said and scrolled through Twitter.

        "Well whatever. He will text us when he wants to come.", Shawn said while looking through the restaurant menu. I nodded silently. The waitress came to our table. Everybody ordered burgers and fries. I ordered last.

        "I'm not really hungry.", I said. 

        "Her and I will share.", Johnson said and the waitress nodded.

        "Cali, are you okay?", Taylor asked. 

        "Yeah. I'm fine.", I replied and smiled.

        "Is this about Jack being around Madison?", Cameron asked. I sat quietly and didn't respond.

        "Well. If it makes you feel any better, she claims that she is good friends with all of us and that we get jealous whenever she hangs out with other guys.", Nash said.

        "Which isn't true.", Hayes said.

        "She's just trying to get us to know her better because people think she's lying.", Jacob said.

        "Which she is but she is resolving it herself.", Matthew said. Aaron drank his water.

        "I don't get why she has to be all in Jack's face.", I said and sat up a little. Aaron spit his water out.

        "She what?", Carter asked.

        "You heard me. Maybe she doesn't know Jack and I are together.", I said.

        "Doubt it. You are literally all over his feed.", Shawn said. 

        "Guys. Don't worry about it. Jack isn't stupid. He knows what he's doing.", Johnson said.

        "I hope.", Sam mumbled and drank his water. We all ate our food. I stole french fries from Johnson and Matthew throughout the dinner. Cameron paid and we all walked around Times Square. The boys took pictures with fans and I stood at the side once again, waiting for them to finish. 

        "They are so cute. Aren't they?", a girl with a her hair in a braid asked me.

        "Well. It would be kinda weird if I liked all 12 of my friends.", I said and laughed.

        "Wait.. Friends? You know Magcon? Like personally?", she asked and looked me into the eye.

        "Yeah.. I'm Jack's girlfriend." or used to be.. or maybe kinda?

        "WAIT. You're telling me that you are CALI SMITH?!", she screamed and I nodded. Everyone looked at me, including the boys. A bunch of girls rushed and took pictures with me.

        "You are so pretty."
        "You are my lifesaver."
        "You are so lucky."

        I finished off my little surprise meet and greet, which was obviously a surprise to me also. After a while of roaming around Times Square and taking pictures, it was about 8PM. We had a Magcon event the next day and we had to be in the building by 8AM to set up so we all went back to the hotel to get some rest.