Chapter 17

"What the hell did you think you were doing?", he said and grabbed my arm. I was afraid he was going to beat me right there.

        "How did you get out?", I whispered.

        "It doesn't fucking mat-"

        "Cali!", I heard Jack yell. He ran over to me

        "Who the fuck is this?", my dad said and pushed me behind him.

        "You must be Mr. Smith. Hi, I'm Jack.", Jack said and put his hand out to shake my dad's hand.

        "Who the fuck are you to her?", my dad said, walking up closer to Jack.

        "Dad, he's a good guy.", I said and pulled his arm. He pushed me again.

        "I'm her boyfriend, sir.", said Jack. 

        "Are you the reason for all of this?", my dad asked with anger.

        "Partially but it wasn't me-"

        "You better stay the fuck away from my daughter then. If I ever see you or your number on her phone bill, I will get a restraining order.", my dad said aggressively. 

        "Dad. Please don't do this.", I screamed. Jack slid my phone in my pocket and walked back into the police station. What the fuck does my dad think he's doing?

        "Get in the fucking car.", he said and turned around. I quickly do as he said so. I sat in the back seat because I knew my dad hated me. That's why he beat me and left the family. Who knows why the police station called him. I thought the papers were all signed and he was out of the way. I checked to see what time it was but instead I see my lockscreen. It was changed to a picture that said : "Hi baby! It's Jack. You left your phone in the cell. I love you lots. :)" I couldn't stop smiling but we got to the house and my dad just walked in like he still lives here.

        "Michael. Cali. Hi.", my mom said. I knew she was afraid. My dad used to sexually harass her.

        "Your fucking daughter here gets into a prison cell at 1AM and they called me. Take this useless bitch. Oh, and the boy she is dating or whatever got her in there. So it looks like you have to cut the communication between her and him.", my dad said.

        "Cali Smith. Is this true?", my mom asked. I nodded.

        "Answer her.", my dad yelled.

        "Yes.", I said loudly so he can hear.

        "Cali. You are grounded. You are not allowed to see Jack anymore. I warned that boy already. Go to your room.", my mom said. I ran upstairs with my eyes watering.

        "Finally you are useful, Laura.", I heard my dad say and he left the house. I locked myself in my room and cried myself to sleep. But I couldn't sleep without being in Jack's arms. Jack kept texting me all night and I didn't answer. My phone vibrated and I decided to check it. It was a tweet from Jack saying "I fucked up so bad tonight.". I began to cry more. I knew that my mom will force me to go to school tomorrow because I have been skipping a lot of days. She said she was going to cancel the special travel schedule and make me go every single day. I will never forgive her for this. I will never forgive myself for this. I have screwed this up but she made everything way worse. I hate my life.