Chapter 20

I sneaked downstairs and grabbed a suitcase. I went back to my room and packed everything up. I locked my room door but kept my window open in case I ever needed something. I threw my suitcase out of my window and I climbed out. I quickly got up and ran to the boys' house. As I was running, I began to notice how far their house was. It was at least 3 miles away. It began to rain hard on the first mile but I kept walking, running at times. I began to become sick on the second mile and sat on the curb. I coughed and had a huge headache. I finally got to the boys' house and I hear things breaking. I look into the window and I saw Jack throwing things.

        "Jack stop!", I heard Taylor say.

        "Fucking hate my life.", Jack yelled. All the boys sat in a circle in the living room, trying to resolve the problem. I saw Cameron follow Jack around and telling him to calm down.

        "It's okay. Jack. Listen to me.", Cameron yelled. I quickly knocked on the door and Matthew opened it.

        "No fucking way. How did you get here?", he asked. I shook my head and he hugged me. All the boys heard what Matthew said and ran up to me and hugged me.

        "Jack is in the other room with Cameron.", Shawn said. I ran into the other room with Johnson and saw Jack breaking down in the corner of the room. He put his head against the wall closed his eyes. I put my hand on his shoulder.

        "Don't fucking touch me. I'm pissed off.", he said. 

        "Dude. That was Cali.", Johnson said.

        "Don't play with me like tha-", he opened his eyes and looked at me. I smiled and the other boys brought my suitcase into the room.

        "Guess who's moving in?", Hayes yelled. I was soaking wet and Jack hugged me really tight and lifted me up in the air.

        "Ow. That hurts.", I said breathlessly. He let go on me and I coughed. 

        "Big group hug!", Jacob said and we all hugged. Everyone went to their room and I went into Jack's. He gave me his t-shirt to wear and he saw the bruises on my arm then sat down next to me.

        "Did he do that?", he whispered. I looked at my arm and nodded.

        "If you didn't leave, you would've had these bruises.", I said.

        "That son of a bitch.", he said and punch the headboard of his bed.

        "I'm okay. He has done worse before.", I said and held his hand.

         "Like what?", he asked and squeezed my hand. I paused and looked at him. I smiled.

        "I love you.", I said and kissed him.

        "I love you too. Let's get some sleep.", he said. He cuddled me and I quickly fell asleep. At around 4AM, someone knocked on the door a couple of times and Jack went to go open it. I heard something about Bart and the tour but I fell asleep after that. When I woke up, Jack wasn't there. I decided to go downstairs to see if he was there. When I got downstairs, I saw all the boys crowding around the dinner table. Nash saw me and gave me wide eyes.

        "Shit, she's here.", Nash yelled. Everyone looked at me and Aaron shoved a piece of paper into his pocket.

        "Guys.. What's up?..", I asked and walked towards them. Someone opened the front door.

        "Hey guys. When are you gonna tell Cali she's going on tour with us next week?", Sam said while looking at his phone. He looked up and his jaw dropped.

        "Damn it, Sam.", Jacob said. Everyone groaned. Jack ran his fingers through his hair and sighed.

        "Wait, you're taking me on tour with you guys?", I asked.

        "Yeah. But Sam ruined it.", Matthew said.

        "It was Jack's idea.", Taylor said.

        "Really?", I asked and I looked at him. He was smiling already. I ran over to him and gave him a big hug.