Chapter 15

I woke up in a hospital bed. Jack was asleep in the small chair in the same room. What happened? I coughed a little and Jack jumped out of his chair and ran over to me. "Cali, baby.", he said and held my hand.

        "Why am I here?". I asked. Jack looked at me with sad eyes.

        "It was all because of me. I shouldn't have called the meet up. You got sad and went into the car. You fell asleep and it was way too hot. There were no windows rolled down. Nothing. I went back after the meet up and I knocked on the window. I thought you were fake sleeping but I noticed that you weren't breathing. I broke the window on my side of the car and the ambulance came. I am so sorry. This is all my fault.", he said and he put his head down. I heard him sniffling.

        "It's okay. All that matters is if we are happy.", I said and he looked up with his eyes red. I kissed his forehead and he smiled that one warm smile.

        "But your mom. She will be here in any minute and will be mad at-"

        "Cali. You're okay. Thank goodness.", my mom said running into the room. She looked at Jack.

        "Hi Laura.", Jack said getting up from his knees.

        "Jack. What is the meaning of this?", my mom asked.

        "It was an accident. It won't happen again.", he said.

        "If anything happens to Cali again. Don't expect to see her anymore.", my mom said.

        "Mom, please.", I groaned.

        "I'm going home. Jack, take care of her.", she said and left the room.

        "I'm sorry.", I said.

        "No. It's all my fault that you are in here. Your mom hates me.", he said and ran his fingers through his hair.

        "She doesn't hate you.", I reassured him. The doctor came in with a clipboard in his hand.

        "Cali Smith. You are free to go. Your headache will go away soon", the doctor said.

        "Thank you.", I said. Jack helped me off the hospital bed and carried me to the car.

        "You make me feel like a princess.", I said with my arms around his neck. He kissed me and my phone vibrated in my pocket. I grabbed my phone and it was a text from Waverly. I decided to text her back.

        Waverly Martinez :
                "Cali. Where have you been? People said you were in the hospital. Are you okay?"

        Cali Smith :
                "I'm fine. I'm fine. What's up?"

        Waverly Martinez :
                "Studying with Nash."

        Cali Smith :
                "Ooh. Nash. I see."

        Waverly Martinez :
                "Don't. Fucking. Dare."

        Cali Smith :
                "Fine. I won't say anything. But I have to go. I'm with Jack right now."

        Waverly Martinez :
                "Okay. Have fun."

        Cali Smith :
                "You too. ;)"

        Waverly Martinez :
                "Shut up before I make your headache worse."

        Jack opened the car door and strapped me into the seat. He goes around and gets into the driver's seat. "What do you want to eat for dinner, princess?", he asked while starting the car engine.

        "Hm. I don't know. What do the boys want?", I asked.

        "I don't know. You should text them.", Jack said. So i made a group conversation with all the boys in it and asked them what they want. Most of the boys wanted Taco Bell. We got the Taco Bell and went home.

        "I'm gonna go upstairs.", I told Jack and he nodded. He walked into the kitchen where all the boys were. Well, at least I thought. I went into Jack's room and I heard someone sniffling in the next room. I went to go see who it was and it was Matthew. He sat on the floor hugging his knees with his head down and I walked over to him.