Chapter 13

I woke up and Jack was cuddling me. I don't remember anything that happened the night before. I got my phone and I looked at my text messages. They were all from Johnson. I looked at Jack who is still asleep and I decided to read the texts. 

        'Look. I am so sorry okay?'

        'I didn't want all of this to happen.'

        'Please open the door. I know you're awake.'

        'Cali, please.'

        'Let's just talk about it.'

        'Is Jack really mad?'

        'Cali, come on.'

        'I'm not giving up.'

        I put my phone down and I noticed something. It was Thursday at 10AM. I am late for school. Everyone in the house is late for school. I panicked. I need to keep my straight A's and my attendance on par. I shook Jack a little. "Jack, wake up.", I said.

        "What?", he groaned.

        "We are late for school.", I said.

        "It doesn't matter go back to sleep.", he said and hugged me tightly with his eyes still closed.

        "What do you mean?", I asked.

        "If you are a celebrity of any sort and you need to travel, you get to take days off. The most days we can skip are about 30. But it depends what you are traveling for.", he said.

        "But that's only for you. Not me. Please take me to school.", I begged.

        "I signed you up with us. You are touring with us. I hope you know that.", he said.

        "Really?", I said. I got butterflies because this means Jack and I will be spending more time together.

        "Of course, Cali. Now go back to sleep befor-"

        Someone knocks on the door. I got out of bed to go check who it was. I opened the door and it was Johnson.

        "Hey, look. We need to talk.", he said. I covered his mouth with my hand.

        "Shh.", I said. I slowly walked out of Jack's bedroom and Johnson took me to the dinner table to talk. He made me some coffee and sat down in front of me.

        "I'm terribly sorry. I couldn't sleep at all last night because I felt so bad.", he said.

        "It's okay. I know some thing could get out of control but just know that I will always be here to comfort you no matter what.", I said. He smiled in relief.

        "But what about Jack? He is my best friend. I don't want it to end with him this way.", he said with a sigh. I pushed my coffee towards him because he seemed tired.

        "Keep in mind that he only slapped you because he cared about you.", I said.

        "Yeah. I guess. I think all I can do now is say sorry.", he said.

        "Go do it now. I'll go with you.", I said. I got up from my chair and pulled him upstairs.

        "Are you sure?", he asked.

        "Positive.", I said and opened the door. I saw Jack on his phone. He turned around to see Johnson and he was not happy.

        "What do you want? Trying to steal my girlfriend again?", Jack asked. He got up and pulled me into his arms.

        "I just wanted to say that I'm sorry and that I am taking your advice. I'm going to stop drinking. I don't want our friendship to end this way. I don't want Magcon to end this away. Please Jack. I'm sorry. I'm sorry I did that to Cali. I didn't know what I was thinking.", Johnson said. I smiled against Jack's chest.

        "Alright, I guess. But next time this happens, I will smack you again without any warning.", Jack said and closed the door. He looked at me and smiled. I smiled back. 

        "Good job.", I said. He kissed my forehead.

        "I couldn't do it without you.", he said.

        "What do you mean?", I asked.

        "I knew you were going to fix this friendship someway and you did. You care so much for others and I love that about you.", he said. We got back into bed and the rest of the day was just a lazy day. Man, do I have a hell of a story to tell at school.