Over The Edge, And Down!

"Don't speak too much. Maybe say a little something.   Greet her!.."       Bell smoothed out EB's hair.     "You have your slip on, that's an excellent idea. But sadly it's not your dress.   Clark always liked to see all people, especially you dressed nicely.   But, this will have to do.."   Bell gave EB's hair one more finger-comb, looked at her face a minute.

EB was pleased to be away from Star, happy to see Bell.    Wanted to be close to Clark.    Wasn't sure about leaving Stella up on the roof. But....She trusted Stella to know how to help me.      EB had wanted to assist me too....But, what was creeping through Ethan's veins was not someone she wanted to be near.       Scarlett would claw at her, grip her in a way that would make all goals unsuccessful!

Bell gently lead her back to a side garden. Clark turned, stared as they approached.

"We return, do we?     And....Dressed only in her underwear.    Well!    Unacceptable. Do you hear me, wicked girl!.."       Clark glared at EB, a frown so sharp....It made Bell just want to throw herself at Clark's feet (And beg to be forgiven, and she hadn't done anything!)    EB stood tall, looked Clark in the eye....Then, bowed her head.      She stood still for a minute, then lifted her head a fraction.

"I had to go.   Ethan would have gone alone, he can't be by himself (Clark nodded, then shook her head.   Her dark charge wasn't well) I went. I was punished.."     EB lifted her head, looked back at Clark.    She took a step forward, place her small thin fingers into Clark's hand) I was forced to be a pet!     I can't be that. No..."

Clark screwed up her face, a small tear run down EB's face....EB took her hand back (Clark crinkled her brow) EB stood away from Clark, small hands became fists.

"Clark.  I have to be yours. Stella's too. I have to be here.    I'm so sorry for not listening!.."     EB then slumped to her knees, bent forward - lowered the top half of her body to the ground (Her face rested in the grass, her arms were above her head. Palms facing up.....A gesture of complete submission)      Clark frowned, crossed her arms (All eyes were watching her now)

She stared up at the sky, gritted her teeth. How did EB know to do that in front of her?!    Her little fairy children did that when she had fights with them as a child.   She always forgave them, would hold them close.    She loved them so much.     Oh the vile actions that had ruined everything, herself the most. Past actions were unforgivable. Clark suddenly didn't care all were watching her, so she bent down....Pulled EB up.

"Your behaviour is shocking. You need a good beating.   I should tie you to a tree now...And give you ten of the best!    But. You can not help, who you are. How you do things.    You need our help....Not anger..."      Clark cupped EB's face, pulled her in for a hug.

"I can't lose you, or Ethan.   You know, I can not lose.  I've lost too much. My nature is harsh, I don't act as I should (Clark got a distant look to her eyes. Her fairy blood was always in conflict to her human self) I have a character of the old, I don't understand a lot things....I must act as my elders did.   You know that, don't you..."       Clark rubbed EB's check, took a blade of grass out of her hair.     EB nodded, gave her a small smile.     She looked into Clark's eyes, her forked tongue dipped out.       EB knew well. The two helped each other up, Clark put an arm around EB.

Benton and Geer let out their breaths.     If Clark had started hitting EB, they weren't sure what they were going to do (Stop Clark definitely)     But, what did happened was interesting. Clark walked EB to join them.