Parents In The House.

Ethan sat in front of me, I had ask if I could do my own examination first. Heads nodded, but as I went to lead Ethan to a room just off one of the main livings - A hand lightly tapped my shoulder. Jefferson slowly shook his head.

"Trinity. Supreme of ours. You may look at him, yes. But, not completely "alone". It is your right to examine him.....As our leading force, yes. Check, look, touch....Be aware!.." Jefferson gave me a thoughtful look, then frowned. (Why do I always get "frowning-people!") "But, till we can truly be sure, we....And you. All must all be present for all things. I do hope you understand, see where I'm coming from.." Jefferson gave a look, of him trying to be "fair" (He had my best interests at heart)

Ethan looked at Jefferson glared, but looked to me. My face looked pinched up, he could see I was annoyed. He reached for my hand, placed it on the buttons of his shirt.

"...Look. Just scar lines. I came with them. They can see them too, I look like I can a fight with string!.." Ethan grinned at me, he was trying to be humours. Clark, Benton, Bell and Geer stood by a wall closest to an arch-way. Stella had an arm firmly around EB (She was keeping her close, and out of reach of Star) Star would glance at EB, but kept her focus to Ethan.

Jefferson watched me remove Ethan's shirt, Ethan was scarred, but they were silver lines....He actually looked more as if a spider had tried to spin a web on him. Briar had looked at Ethan once, she hissed at the red gashes. Turned them into silver lines. She then found them more pleasing to her eyes.

Clark had then been told to lightly oil his skin each night. Ethan had not been a fan of the treatment at first....But, then trusted Clark (He'd lean into her, held her arm) Clark pretended, this was Geer's job. But, she always did it (Just before Ethan lay down to "rest")

My fingers trailed his skin, finger-tips lightly touching. Ethan closed his eyes, leaned into my caress of his skin. My hands took on a life of their own...Fingers moving along lines, hands cupping areas. Eyes looking at him, but also into him....My eyes started to see things. Things, voices couldn't form words for.

Evan was once staying with his mother for a few weeks (She missed him)      He always seemed to be at school. His mother had thought he hated the place....But for now she had him with her.     Rex seemed some what pleased to see him....Kept muttering, he could lend a hand around the house and farm.

Ethan's mother and step-dad didn't have a big farm, more just fields....A few animals.     It had been bigger once, now it only needed local workers at certain seasons.     Rex was growing fruit more than anything else.      Ethan's mom wanted to keep Ethan close to her this visit, he'd grown so much....And was looking more and more like his father.      Ethan was changing so much, it pleased her immensely (Ethan was becoming so smart)    But, also worried her a little.

She was concerned he might lose his good manners.      

Ethan and Rex had had a reasonable relationship over the years - Not a great one, but manageable.   Rex's sons got on well with Ethan, but sadly he never stayed long to really to get know them.    But, they had their own commitments else where too.

Rex never openly said, he didn't like Ethan's father, more that he had never been a fan of places with fast-talking men, with too much money....And, were forever pretending "they" knew what was best for the honest god-fearing people of America. Quietly, Ethan had sensed, Rex feared his father a little. Ethan's father did come from a family of money.

Rex made it his duty to remind Ethan, no matter how smart he got - God was watching him.

This especially happened at a local church.