Endure the rising pain

Shu walked along the gravel path. Lui was walking before him. Christina and Sasha was walking on each side of him. If someone saw them they'll totally believe that they are a normal group. Shu tried to catch up with Lui but Lui's speed was incredible and not wearing and shoes didn't help him either. Christina looked at Shu who was struggling to keep up.  "Lui slow down" she whispered.

Lui suddenly stopped and looked at Shu who also stopped and now currently checking his aching feet. "Shu I'm sorry I was thinking about what you said"

Shu smiled. "It's okay don't think about it much."

Lui nodded as they started to walk again. His heart beat grew faster when they reached the main gates. Not only him the other three also was scared of everything. If they passed this gate without making any scenes it would be a huge achievement. They reached the doors and got into the line of people who was getting checked by the soldiers. Lui looked to see Ben and Naoki standing there with bunch of other soldiers and generals. "They must've caught up to the duty here" Lui silently thought. He looked behind him to see Shu who was hanging his head low as his hair covered his eyes. He didn't look up. Sasha and Christina looked at the their two friends. At last their chance came. The guard walked around them and faces Lui. "Who are you? And what are you doing here?"

Lui looked at him. "We're here for Lord Heart's birthday I'm a businessman from West and I brought gifts"

The soldier looked at him. "Give me you identify card"

Lui handed him a wooden card silently thanking Trad for making it. The soldier examined it and gave it back to Lui. "You can go now" Lui let out a breath he didn't even knew he was holding.

They were about to walk in when a man not a soldier by his appearance Lui identified as a general stopped them. He directly walked to Shu who was still hanging his head low. "We also check the gifts of Lord Hearts " he said smirking. "And if he's a gift he must be good looking" with that he grabbed shu's chin and yank it upwards making his hair fall away from his eyes. Shu looked at the general in the eye. The general smirked licking his lips. "I'm sure master hearts will like it. Kneel down" he said.

Shu looked at him again without uttering a word. "I said kneel down" he yelled slapping Shu across his face. A sharp pain rain through his left jaw. He really wished that he could place his hand on his stinging cheek. The general grabbed his shoulders and pushed his down making him land on his knees. "Apologize" the general said.

Shu gritted his teeth. Lui took a step forward almost ready to punch him but Shu shoot a look at him telling not to do anything. "I'm sorry Sir" he said.

The general looked satisfied. "Next time you won't be going away with only a slap got it?"

Shu nodded. The general walk away. Shu stumbled to his feet. And entered the kingdom. He still hung his head low. They quickly walk along the main path and headed to an alleyway with no one there. Shu finally looked up. Christina yelped seeing the bright red hand print on his cheek.

Lui growled. "If you haven't stopped me I would've killed that moron right there"

Shu gave him a painful smile. "Then our plans would be useless"

Sasha closed his eyes for a moment. Her power was telepathy. She talked someone from her mind and opened her eyes. "We need to treat that or it'll hurt more"

Shu grimaced not bothering to talk and nodded. He sat down on a nearby bench beside Christina. "I'm scared now Shu. Something tells me bad things might happen"

Shu furrowed his brows. "Yeah this is only the beginning we''ll have to prepare for the worst"

After few minuted Wakiya and Honcho came to them. Wakiya was holding some bag. "Why did you guys needed herbal cream?" He asked.