The monster inside him

Adam sighed staring at the ceiling as he remembered Shu's words. 

"I'm gonna challenge Red Eye to a duel"

Adam sighed again. There is no stopping him when Shu thought of something. Everyone stared at him like he's crazy and Shu promised them that he'll wait till the injuries get healed. Of course Adam has faith in Shu, he's the only person who will have a chance against Red Eye. Their powers are the same but Red Eye had this mysterious aura around him which made Adam uneasy and there was some other thoughts going on his head. What if the same thing happens to Shu as well? What if Red Eye try to break into his mind. The thought itself sounded like a nightmare to Adam. Shu is a strong person, Adam knew it from all his heart but still Red Eye can be a very influential person sometimes. 

Right at the cue Free entered his room, his face was passive like always. Adam always thought Free hid his emotions from the rest of the world, and sometimes he didn't know what's going on inside his friend's brain. "Well" Free said walking toward him as he sat down at the corner of his bed. "We should go, as the plan we have to help Shu"

It had been two weeks since Shu declared his own idea about fighting Red Eye himself. And with the help of Christina and the rest of the healers Shu had gotten healed from his injuries clearly. And yesterday Red Eye responded his duel without a single hesitation declaring he's ready for a kill. Adam and Free entered the throne room where everyone was gathered around with glum faces. "Hey" Shu greeted seeing his younger brother enter the arena. 

Adam smiled walking to him. Xander was the first one to talk. "It feels weird, like Red Eye didn't seem to have doubts about the duel. I'm starting to think that this conclusion we came is not the correct one"

Ruway hummed. "Yeah, we should probably think twice about this"

Shu sighed. "C'mon guys, we have to give it a try. And he had accepted my challenge. This is our chance"

"Easy for you to say" Wakiya grumbled. "You're always ready to kill yourself"

Shu scowled. "No"

"Yes" Half of them chorused as Shu pouts. 

"I think this will work, you guys have to help me"

"We will for sure" Adam said. "That Red Eye will surely lurk out his ghost army"

"Ghosts" Jin sighed dreamily. "Such beautiful people"

Honcho scooted away from Jin, eyes wide in horror as he muttered. "Dang! this guys is crazy"

Valt snickered as he add. "Then what are we waiting for, let's go and kill some ghosts"

The gang was soon walking toward the dragon plains of the dragon village. They had agreed to fight there for it was considered as one of the best warrior grounds, and Spryzen is stronger there. When the reached the village it was almost night time. Hatsume and Touma welcomed them with warm smiled and a great hospitality. Unlike the other time, this time there was no tension among them. There was only a grand friendship and everyone was ready to fight betting their lives to save Nebula. 

After taking the dinner Shu stepped out to the cold night of the dragon village. The stars glittered the night sky. He sat down on the soft grass. He loved Nebula, it is his home and a place where he felt belonged. It had been only few months but through each and every new day he learned a new lesson, he had lots of allies and most of all a loving , caring family. Shu drew his knees to his chest placing his chin on them. He closed his eyes for a minute making out an image of his parents, who died in that fire. He thought about what will they say if they were here for them. 

A tear slipped down his cheek. He didn't take any attempt to wipe it away. Faint footsteps behind him broke the silence of the night. Shu turned around to see Hatsume walking toward him. She smiled at the young prince as she sat down beside him. "My Prince, are you feeling well?"