Worth of a human life

Cheers. That's what all he could hear. The pure ecstasy of winning a battle. The pure happiness of escaping from the dark emperor. Shu put his hand down in the truth his body was worn out he couldn't even raise his hand. But it was all worth it. It's true that they're covered in cuts and bruises but they won it was all worth it. The pounding in his head was worsen. His whole body felt like it was stabbed with thousands of blade. Free looked completely drained from all the energy he used. Half of Xander's face was covered in blood. Clio and Jin was supporting Daigo as Honcho was by Valt who was clutching his hand in pain. Shu let out a breath as he dissolved his axe. Wakiya walked to him right at the moment Shu's knees gave in under him.

"Shu" Wakiya said supporting his friend to stand up. Shu couldn't make out the words they were saying. Everything seemed to be mixed up together. He could make out the figures of his friends calling him. After few seconds he could make out the words.

"I'm fine" Shu croaked out.

"No you aren't" Adam said beside him as he called out for Christina. Christina rushed into their side and knelt.

Shu shook his head. "No Christina you have to look up at the others first"

"Shu" Ukyo interrupted. "Your wounds are worst than others"

"N-no" Shu breathed out. "There would be other soldiers in more danger. Use your power to save them. P-Please don't let anyone die."

Christina stared at him for a moment and nodded then she looked around examining the damage of her friends. "Sasha you all lead them to the second room along that corridor there are bandage and other supplies there Ukyo and Yugo you two can help her right?"

"Yeah we can" Yugo said as Ukyo nodded agreeing to her.

Then she looked at Cuza and Sisco who also looked fine. "You two and Ruway come help me to find the injured soldiers"

Everyone helped to lead their injured friends to the rooms. The uninjured ones helped their friends from their best. Wakiya and Sisco supported Shu to stand up as Honcho stayed by Valt's side. Xander didn't have any major injuries. Adam was supporting his best friend Free to walk. Gou helped Lui. Shu walked as slow as he can trying to ease the pain. Wakiya looked at him with a concerned face. "You went overboard" He said.

Shu let out a soft chuckle. "Maybe"

When the three reached the medicine room others were already there. Valt's hand was bandaged and also Xander's head was also bandaged. Shu stared at Xander for a good long minute. Adam waved his hand in front of his face. Shu blinked several time as he giggled. Xander crossed his arms scowling. "Why are you laughing at an injured man?"

Shu doubled over laughing and stopped wincing. "Don't make me laugh like that it hurts" Shu complained.

"I didn't tell a joke why are you laughing?" Xander asked.

"You look funny with that bandage over your head. Look Valt is trying hard not to laugh. You seriously looked like an thug who hit his head" Shu said.

Valt couldn't contain his laughter anymore as he burst out of laughing. Xander glared at them playfully. "Don't humiliate your friend"

Shu felt his legs becoming numb as he stumbled few steps forward. "Now enough joking you have to bandage your wounds" Sasha said finishing Lui's bandages. Shu nodded stepping to her. But a loud scream from outside stopped him. Shu looked at his friends. For a moment he forgot about the pain and his blood seeping wounds. He turned around and start to run toward that direction.

"Shu wait up" Adam said sprinting after him.

"Come on not again" Wakiya groaned as he followed Shu.